Site-->Site Files View-->Select Checked Out Files {if that menu choice is grayed out- open the Site Manager window and click in the local side first} then click Check in at the top of the Site Manager window, and that will check in all the files you have out. {Making them available for the other folks} If you leave a file checked out- nobody else can work on it. on the icons- from a previous msg- the little icons next to the filename in the Site Manager window of DMX: little padlocks --- means they are "checked in" to the remote site, and can be checked out and edited by any user. green checkmarks-- means the files are checked out to YOU. You are working on these files. Not available to anybody else until you check them in. red checkmarks-- checked out to someone else (their name is in yellow next to it) Not available for editing until they check the file (or Publish with contribute) No mark- Never been checked in to server. -- Team Macromedia Volunteer for Dreamweaver Certified Dreamweaver MX Developer [allowsmilie] => 1 [showsignature] => 0 [ipaddress] => [iconid] => 0 [visible] => 1 [attach] => 0 [infraction] => 0 [reportthreadid] => 0 [isusenetpost] => 1 [msgid] => [ref] => [htmlstate] => on_nl2br [postusername] => Alan Ames [ip] => blu@formdude.co [isdeleted] => 0 [usergroupid] => [membergroupids] => [displaygroupid] => [password] => [passworddate] => [email] => [styleid] => [parentemail] => [homepage] => [icq] => [aim] => [yahoo] => [msn] => [skype] => [showvbcode] => [showbirthday] => [usertitle] => [customtitle] => [joindate] => [daysprune] => [lastvisit] => [lastactivity] => [lastpost] => [lastpostid] => [posts] => [reputation] => [reputationlevelid] => [timezoneoffset] => [pmpopup] => [avatarid] => [avatarrevision] => [profilepicrevision] => [sigpicrevision] => [options] => [akvbghsfs_optionsfield] => [birthday] => [birthday_search] => [maxposts] => [startofweek] => [referrerid] => [languageid] => [emailstamp] => [threadedmode] => [autosubscribe] => [pmtotal] => [pmunread] => [salt] => [ipoints] => [infractions] => [warnings] => [infractiongroupids] => [infractiongroupid] => [adminoptions] => [profilevisits] => [friendcount] => [friendreqcount] => [vmunreadcount] => [vmmoderatedcount] => [socgroupinvitecount] => [socgroupreqcount] => [pcunreadcount] => [pcmoderatedcount] => [gmmoderatedcount] => [assetposthash] => [fbuserid] => [fbjoindate] => [fbname] => [logintype] => [fbaccesstoken] => [newrepcount] => [vbseo_likes_in] => [vbseo_likes_out] => [vbseo_likes_unread] => [temp] => [field1] => [field2] => [field3] => [field4] => [field5] => [subfolders] => [pmfolders] => [buddylist] => [ignorelist] => [signature] => [searchprefs] => [rank] => [icontitle] => [iconpath] => [avatarpath] => [hascustomavatar] => 0 [avatardateline] => [avwidth] => [avheight] => [edit_userid] => [edit_username] => [edit_dateline] => [edit_reason] => [hashistory] => [pagetext_html] => [hasimages] => [signatureparsed] => [sighasimages] => [sigpic] => [sigpicdateline] => [sigpicwidth] => [sigpicheight] => [postcount] => 4 [islastshown] => [isfirstshown] => [attachments] => [allattachments] => ) -->Site-->Site Files View-->Select Checked Out Files > {if that menu choice is grayed out- open the Site Manager window and click > in the local side first} > > then click Check in at the top of the Site Manager window, and that will > check in all the files you have out. {Making them available for the other > folks} If you leave a file checked out- nobody else can work on it. > > on the icons- from a previous msg- > > the little icons next to the filename in the Site Manager window of DMX: > > little padlocks --- means they are "checked in" to the remote site, and can > be checked out and edited by any user. > > green checkmarks-- means the files are checked out to YOU. You are working > on these files. Not available to anybody else until you check them in. > > red checkmarks-- checked out to someone else (their name is in yellow next > to it) Not available for editing until they check the file (or Publish with > contribute) > > No mark- Never been checked in to server. > > > > -- > Team Macromedia Volunteer for Dreamweaver > Certified Dreamweaver MX Developer >[/quote] [allowsmilie] => 1 [showsignature] => 0 [ipaddress] => [iconid] => 0 [visible] => 1 [attach] => 0 [infraction] => 0 [reportthreadid] => 0 [isusenetpost] => 1 [msgid] => [ref] => [htmlstate] => on_nl2br [postusername] => Stern PowerBook [ip] => powerbook@stern [isdeleted] => 0 [usergroupid] => [membergroupids] => [displaygroupid] => [password] => [passworddate] => [email] => [styleid] => [parentemail] => [homepage] => [icq] => [aim] => [yahoo] => [msn] => [skype] => [showvbcode] => [showbirthday] => [usertitle] => [customtitle] => [joindate] => [daysprune] => [lastvisit] => [lastactivity] => [lastpost] => [lastpostid] => [posts] => [reputation] => [reputationlevelid] => [timezoneoffset] => [pmpopup] => [avatarid] => [avatarrevision] => [profilepicrevision] => [sigpicrevision] => [options] => [akvbghsfs_optionsfield] => [birthday] => [birthday_search] => [maxposts] => [startofweek] => [referrerid] => [languageid] => [emailstamp] => [threadedmode] => [autosubscribe] => [pmtotal] => [pmunread] => [salt] => [ipoints] => [infractions] => [warnings] => [infractiongroupids] => [infractiongroupid] => [adminoptions] => [profilevisits] => [friendcount] => [friendreqcount] => [vmunreadcount] => [vmmoderatedcount] => [socgroupinvitecount] => [socgroupreqcount] => [pcunreadcount] => [pcmoderatedcount] => [gmmoderatedcount] => [assetposthash] => [fbuserid] => [fbjoindate] => [fbname] => [logintype] => [fbaccesstoken] => [newrepcount] => [vbseo_likes_in] => [vbseo_likes_out] => [vbseo_likes_unread] => [temp] => [field1] => [field2] => [field3] => [field4] => [field5] => [subfolders] => [pmfolders] => [buddylist] => [ignorelist] => [signature] => [searchprefs] => [rank] => [icontitle] => [iconpath] => [avatarpath] => [hascustomavatar] => 0 [avatardateline] => [avwidth] => [avheight] => [edit_userid] => [edit_username] => [edit_dateline] => [edit_reason] => [hashistory] => [pagetext_html] => [hasimages] => [signatureparsed] => [sighasimages] => [sigpic] => [sigpicdateline] => [sigpicwidth] => [sigpicheight] => [postcount] => 5 [islastshown] => 1 [isfirstshown] => [attachments] => [allattachments] => ) --> Check In all Checked Out files (k) - Macromedia Dreamweaver

Check In all Checked Out files (k) - Macromedia Dreamweaver

Just started using the check in/out feature. I had a change to a template which changed all the files in the site. I then synched it up with the remote server. I thought this would post the files and uncheck them. But it didn't. How can I check in all the files that are checked out? -Kirk...

Default Check In all Checked Out files (k)

Just started using the check in/out feature. I had a change to a template
    which changed all the files in the site. I then synched it up with the
    remote server. I thought this would post the files and uncheck them. But it
    didn't. How can I check in all the files that are checked out?

-Kirk

Stern PowerBook Guest

Default Re: Check In all Checked Out files (k)

So just so I have this straight, all my local files should have the little
    padlock next to them? Unless I check them out or someone else has checked
    them out?

-Kirk

> From: "John Waller" <johnwpinnacleweb.com.au>
    > Newsgroups: macromedia.dreamweaver
    > Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2003 07:26:09 +0930
    > Subject: Re: Check In all Checked Out files (k)
    >
    > Window > Site (F8)
    >
    > Edit > Select Checked Out Files
    >
    > Check In
    >
    > --
    > Regards
    >
    > John Waller
    >
    >
    Stern PowerBook Guest

Stern PowerBook wrote:
    > So just so I have this straight, all my local files should have the little
    > padlock next to them? Unless I check them out or someone else has checked
    > them out?
    If you check them out the padlock will not appear in the local view. If
    someone else on a different machine checks them out the padlock will
    remain on your local view.

--
    Jerry Baker

Automatic, configurable ALT text - Insert Image+ Extension
    Switch doctypes on the fly with a mouse click - Insert (x)HTML Doctypes
    [url]http://www.dwfaq.com/store/merchants.asp?MerchID=Jerry+Baker[/url]

Jerry Baker Guest

> So just so I have this straight, all my local files should have the little
    > padlock next to them? Unless I check them out or someone else has checked
    > them out?
    Yes. if you are using checkin/checkout (because of team working or
    Contribute users) then ALL files should show a padlock, unless you currently
    have them open and checked out. Or some other user has them checked out.

when you are done working on a site- you can use this menu item--
    Dw menu-->Site-->Site Files View-->Select Checked Out Files
    {if that menu choice is grayed out- open the Site Manager window and click
    in the local side first}

then click Check in at the top of the Site Manager window, and that will
    check in all the files you have out. {Making them available for the other
    folks} If you leave a file checked out- nobody else can work on it.

on the icons- from a previous msg-

the little icons next to the filename in the Site Manager window of DMX:

little padlocks --- means they are "checked in" to the remote site, and can
    be checked out and edited by any user.

green checkmarks-- means the files are checked out to YOU. You are working
    on these files. Not available to anybody else until you check them in.

red checkmarks-- checked out to someone else (their name is in yellow next
    to it) Not available for editing until they check the file (or Publish with
    contribute)

No mark- Never been checked in to server.

--
    Team Macromedia Volunteer for Dreamweaver
    Certified Dreamweaver MX Developer

Alan Ames Guest

Thanks for the help that clears it up. I was wondering about Contribute and
    you seem to answer that. When someone opens a page in Contribute it appears
    as checked out.
    -Kirk
    > From: Alan Ames <bluformdude.com>
    > Newsgroups: macromedia.dreamweaver
    > Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2003 22:34:28 -0400
    > Subject: Re: Check In all Checked Out files (k)
    >
    >
    >
    >> So just so I have this straight, all my local files should have the little
    >> padlock next to them? Unless I check them out or someone else has checked
    >> them out?
    >
    > Yes. if you are using checkin/checkout (because of team working or
    > Contribute users) then ALL files should show a padlock, unless you currently
    > have them open and checked out. Or some other user has them checked out.
    >
    > when you are done working on a site- you can use this menu item--
    > Dw menu-->Site-->Site Files View-->Select Checked Out Files
    > {if that menu choice is grayed out- open the Site Manager window and click
    > in the local side first}
    >
    > then click Check in at the top of the Site Manager window, and that will
    > check in all the files you have out. {Making them available for the other
    > folks} If you leave a file checked out- nobody else can work on it.
    >
    > on the icons- from a previous msg-
    >
    > the little icons next to the filename in the Site Manager window of DMX:
    >
    > little padlocks --- means they are "checked in" to the remote site, and can
    > be checked out and edited by any user.
    >
    > green checkmarks-- means the files are checked out to YOU. You are working
    > on these files. Not available to anybody else until you check them in.
    >
    > red checkmarks-- checked out to someone else (their name is in yellow next
    > to it) Not available for editing until they check the file (or Publish with
    > contribute)
    >
    > No mark- Never been checked in to server.
    >
    >
    >
    > --
    > Team Macromedia Volunteer for Dreamweaver
    > Certified Dreamweaver MX Developer
    >
    Stern PowerBook Guest