Professional Web Applications Themes

Check In/Out Problems - Macromedia Dreamweaver

For some reason, certain files will say they are checked out. There are only two people using Dreamweaver at this point. Yet neither of us have any of these files checked out. Anyone have any suggestions?...

  1. #1

    Default Check In/Out Problems

    atomseed webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re:Check In/Out Problems

    Well, I am figured out a work around. It seems that sometimes check in/out has some major problems. I went to look at the files in Windows Explorer and it turns out. That the files that are having problems are all set to READ ONLY. It looks like, check in/out does this to the files? Does anyone else have this problem?

    Seems to me that DWMX has a lot of errors and I run into a problem everyday. It's evident by the number of posts here in this forum.

    I'm going to start up a new topic right now on another subject, that's rough.

    Blip 'Em.

    atomseed Guest

  3. #3

    Default Re: Re:Check In/Out Problems

    atom:

    this problem?

    CI/CO does not do this. Copying site files from a CD ROM can, however.

    everyday. It's evident by the number of posts here in this forum.

    Sorry you are having problems. It seems to work pretty well for me,
    however....

    --
    Murray --- ICQ 71997575
    ==================

    "atomseed" <com> wrote in message
    has some major problems. I went to look at the files in Windows Explorer and
    it turns out. That the files that are having problems are all set to READ
    ONLY. It looks like, check in/out does this to the files? Does anyone else
    have this problem?
    everyday. It's evident by the number of posts here in this forum.
    rough.

    Murray Guest

  4. #4

    Les:

    It is only marked as read only in DW's context, however, not in Explorer's
    context, I believe. It's the presens of the *.lck that make DW know that
    the file is checked out and hence "read only."

    --
    Murray --- ICQ 71997575
    ==================
    http://www.DreamweaverFAQ.com - DW FAQs, Tutorials & Resources
    ==================

    "Les Matthews" <com> wrote in message
    news:bg6clk$h82$macromedia.com... [/ref]
    in/out
    and
    > everyday. It's evident by the number of posts here in this forum.
    > rough.
    >
    >[/ref]

    Murray Guest

  5. #5

    Well, I understand how it all works. But when you get a nasty message, telling you there is an error, but afterwards says it was completed sucessfully.... really makes me wonder.

    Ok, nothing has changed on these files (no one is going in and setting files to read only in MS Explorer). So my only guess is that DWMX is doing it. I have read elsewhere that a lof people have problems with checkin/out and have disabled it (even though, they have several developers). Plus it's just another step... why? Suggestions...?????

    atomseed Guest

  6. #6

    Another thing is, it takes more time to update the site, because it needs send the file locks also, then it needs to update the design notes. Ack... we turned it off. I just wish they had a way this was full proof. I mean, you can override it anyways if someone else has it open. I am currently putting together a FAT Wish list. It seems there are mega bugs in DWMX, I never had this much drama with DW 4.0

    "Wouldn't it be nice if all the schools had tons of Money... and the Military was holding an annual bake sale"

    Blip 'Em.

    atomseed Guest

  7. #7

    I ocassionally use the DMX check-in/out feature. When doing so, DMX modifies
    the read-only attribute of affected files - but, I don't get the error
    message you receive. More frequently, I DMX's support for Visual Source Safe
    to check-in/out. VSS also modifies the read-only attribute.

    I never use the design notes, so I don't experience the issue of slowness
    with updating them.

    send the file locks also, then it needs to update the design notes. Ack...
    we turned it off. I just wish they had a way this was full proof. I mean,
    you can override it anyways if someone else has it open. I am currently
    putting together a FAT Wish list. It seems there are mega bugs in DWMX, I
    never had this much drama with DW 4.0
    Military was holding an annual bake sale"

    Les Guest