I am totally new to Contribute 3. But I need to look for a solution to check
if there is any broken links before I publish a page. How can I use CPS API
to accomplish that? I do want to check any broken links first. If it finds
one, I dont want a page to be published to the site, but prompt me some warning
message. I looked into the samples in ColdFusion and Java, but still not
quite understand how it works. It seems to me that when I click the button
"Publish", it will immediately push the page to the live server, while it also
perform the tasks whatever I ask it to do in the extended service.

Any suggestions

Thanks a lot.