Professional Web Applications Themes

Check these security pack that came from the MS - Mac Networking

"Howard Brazee" <howardbrazee.net> wrote in message news:<bkmumb$33i$1peabody.colorado.edu>... > On 19-Sep-2003, "M. Prindle" <macintoshman.Rem0veTh|spobox.com> wrote: > > > Can We say Virus? I had 6 of these things in my box waiting on me today! > > I wish I had only 6 of those. Or only 600 of them. It would have saved me a > lot of work. Forgive my ignorance, but how the heck can this garbage be stopped? I am having my 10MB mail box filled every three hours since last week......

  1. #21

    Default Re: Check these security pack that came from the MS

    "Howard Brazee" <howardbrazee.net> wrote in message news:<bkmumb$33i$1peabody.colorado.edu>...
    > On 19-Sep-2003, "M. Prindle" <macintoshman.Rem0veTh|spobox.com> wrote:
    >
    > > Can We say Virus? I had 6 of these things in my box waiting on me today!
    >
    > I wish I had only 6 of those. Or only 600 of them. It would have saved me a
    > lot of work.

    Forgive my ignorance, but how the heck can this garbage be stopped? I
    am having my 10MB mail box filled every three hours since last week...
    D. H. Slocum Guest

  2. #22

    Julian <jfwoodssympatico.ca> writes:

    > I get around 80 every time I open my mail app. Norton Antivirus
    > tells me it's a "Worm.Automat.AHB" virus and that it is deleted, but
    > it still keeps coming. My ISP and Apple Tech Support were no help at
    > all (Apple told me to erase my HD WITHOUT backing up‹can you believe
    > it!! Anyone know how I can get rid of this short of going
    > nuclear?. It's driving me crazy.
    Find all the infected people that have your address in their address
    books and erase _their_ hard drives without backing up.

    -- David
    David C. Guest

  3. #23

    In article <80b5acac.0309221520.2dfb18aposting.google.com> ,
    [email]dslo909earthlink.net[/email] (D. H. Slo) wrote:
    > "Howard Brazee" <howardbrazee.net> wrote in message
    > > On 19-Sep-2003, "M. Prindle" <macintoshman.Rem0veTh|spobox.com> wrote:
    > >
    > > > Can We say Virus? I had 6 of these things in my box waiting on me today!
    > >
    > > I wish I had only 6 of those. Or only 600 of them. It would have saved
    > > me a
    > > lot of work.
    >

    > Forgive my ignorance, but how the heck can this garbage be stopped? I
    > am having my 10MB mail box filled every three hours since last week...
    There are really only two possibilities. One is to use an email program
    with effective filtering. A good one can delete any of these messages
    automatically. But it's not good enough for everyone, especially those
    using dial-up connections. The second possibility requires work on the
    part of your ISP to delete them for you. You'd need to ask Earthlink
    about that.

    --
    Tom "Tom" Harrington
    See [url]http://www.atomicbird.com/[/url]

  4. #24

    > I'm getting about 1500 similar posts a day and I'm really frustrated
    > by it. I jumped from 10 to 1000 overnight. all with email refused or
    > that "microsoft security patch" ENOUGH ALREADY. yeesh.

    Can anything be done about this garbage? It is filling my 10MB
    mailbox every 3 hours!
    D. H. Slocum Guest

  5. #25

    Tom Harrington wrote:
    > One is to use an email program
    > with effective filtering. A good one can delete any of these
    messages
    > automatically.
    Need not be a good one, either -- even Outlook Express can be
    configured to delete these messages on the server without downloading
    them.
    > But it's not good enough for everyone, especially
    > those using dial-up connections.
    The problem is that you have to dial up every other hour for a minute
    or so, else the mailbox will be full...
    > The second possibility requires work on the
    > part of your ISP to delete them for you.
    > You'd need to ask Earthlink about that.
    Many ISPs refuse to take such actions for the users because they do
    not want to censor their users' inbox. Admittedly, they have a point
    (would you want the postman to decide whether you're going to ever see
    that letter addressed to you or not?), but in the present situation it
    is a nuisance.

    Helmut
    --
    All typos © My Knotty Fingers, Ltd. Capacity Dept.

    Helmut P. Einfalt Guest

  6. #26

    Tom Harrington <tphpcisys.no.spam.dammit.net> wrote:
    > In article <80b5acac.0309221520.2dfb18aposting.google.com> ,
    > [email]dslo909earthlink.net[/email] (D. H. Slo) wrote:
    >
    > > "Howard Brazee" <howardbrazee.net> wrote in message

    > > > today!
    > > >
    > > > I wish I had only 6 of those. Or only 600 of them. It would have
    > > > saved me a lot of work.
    > >

    > > Forgive my ignorance, but how the heck can this garbage be stopped? I
    > > am having my 10MB mail box filled every three hours since last week...
    >
    > There are really only two possibilities. One is to use an email program
    > with effective filtering. A good one can delete any of these messages
    > automatically. But it's not good enough for everyone, especially those
    > using dial-up connections. The second possibility requires work on the
    > part of your ISP to delete them for you. You'd need to ask Earthlink
    > about that.
    Procmail works for me.

    --
    The last temptation is the highest treason:
    To do the right thing for the wrong reason. --T..S. Eliot

    Walter
    Walter Bushell Guest

  7. #27

    I got about 25 each day. Norton stops each one of course but still.
    The filter in Outlook does NOTHING. Someone needs to stop this thing.
    Will Guest

  8. #28

    In article <bkoj42$htr$00$1news.t-online.com>,
    "Helmut P. Einfalt" <hp.einfaltt-online.de> wrote:
    > > But it's not good enough for everyone, especially
    > > those using dial-up connections.
    >
    > The problem is that you have to dial up every other hour for a minute
    > or so, else the mailbox will be full...
    Not to mention the long download times.
    > > The second possibility requires work on the
    > > part of your ISP to delete them for you.
    > > You'd need to ask Earthlink about that.
    >
    > Many ISPs refuse to take such actions for the users because they do
    > not want to censor their users' inbox. Admittedly, they have a point
    > (would you want the postman to decide whether you're going to ever see
    > that letter addressed to you or not?), but in the present situation it
    > is a nuisance.
    Better ISPs offer SpamAssasin as an opt-in service. This enables
    customers to choose to activate the filter and to control what's
    filtered. It can be very effective against this kind of problem.

  9. #29

    On 22-Sep-2003, "Helmut P. Einfalt" <hp.einfaltt-online.de> wrote:
    > Need not be a good one, either -- even Outlook Express can be
    > configured to delete these messages on the server without downloading
    > them.
    How does this work? I mean, doesn't OE have to read the message to determine
    whether it is bad?

    I have a filter looking for foreign alphabets, but it isn't sufficient anymore.
    What's the best way to stop those huge Chinese style alphabet spams from
    downloading?
    Howard Brazee Guest

  10. #30

    "D. H. Slo" <dslo909earthlink.net> wrote in message news:80b5acac.0309221520.2dfb18aposting.google.co m...
    > "Howard Brazee" <howardbrazee.net> wrote in message news:<bkmumb$33i$1peabody.colorado.edu>...
    > > On 19-Sep-2003, "M. Prindle" <macintoshman.Rem0veTh|spobox.com> wrote:
    > >
    > > > Can We say Virus? I had 6 of these things in my box waiting on me today!
    > >
    > > I wish I had only 6 of those. Or only 600 of them. It would have saved me a
    > > lot of work.
    >

    > Forgive my ignorance, but how the heck can this garbage be stopped? I
    > am having my 10MB mail box filled every three hours since last week...
    Ahem, at ~7 per megabyte, 10MB only holds around 70 of these messages.
    What's with the more than 600?
    Folkert Rienstra Guest

  11. #31

    "Will" <wpetraskachartermi.net> wrote in message
    news:67b0db88.0309231221.7ed56de3posting.google.c om...
    > I got about 25 each day. Norton stops each one of course but still.
    > The filter in Outlook does NOTHING. Someone needs to stop this thing.
    I had the same problem. I tried in vain all kinds of different Mail Message
    Rules in OE . I finally found a solution. I am still getting those nasty
    emails but they go directly in the "garbage". I use SpamPal to filter my
    emails and I have added [email]securitymicrosoft.com[/email] in its black list. So now
    when I get those security email notices, SpamPal put them directly in the
    Deleted Items folder of my OE. When I quit OE, all the files in my Deleted
    Items get ... deleted. This may not be the best way to deal with the problem
    but at least it stopped my frustration.

    danto Guest

  12. #32

    "Folkert Rienstra" <see_Reply-Tomyweb.nl> wrote in message news:<bkvvf2$6npul$3ID-79662.news.uni-berlin.de>...
    > "D. H. Slo" <dslo909earthlink.net> wrote in message news:80b5acac.0309221520.2dfb18aposting.google.co m...

    > > > I wish I had only 6 of those. Or only 600 of them. It would have saved me a
    > > > lot of work.
    > >

    > > Forgive my ignorance, but how the heck can this garbage be stopped? I
    > > am having my 10MB mail box filled every three hours since last week...
    >
    > Ahem, at ~7 per megabyte, 10MB only holds around 70 of these messages.
    > What's with the more than 600?
    It is a little procedure I do whereby I dump them into the trash, then
    I empty said trash...and surprise, it fills back up!
    D. H. Slocum Guest

  13. #33

    Default How to stop security pack that came from the MS

    In article <Miyd/AEHdkaA092ynyourhatvcn.bc.ca>,
    [email]bpoultonyourhatvcn.bc.ca[/email] (Bite Me) wrote:
    > haven't used it (don't need it) but this was recommended on another NG.
    > It could be handy, especially for those on Dial-up.
    >
    > [url]www.email-remover.com/[/url]
    Too bad the email remover is a PC only application. Sounds like
    something many of us could use.
    aRKay Guest

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12