Professional Web Applications Themes

checking a mail server (exchange server) - Coldfusion - Advanced Techniques

Does anyone know if it is possible to connect to a Microsoft Exchange server using cfpop? I set all the parameters and I get either this: This exception was caused by: javax.mail.AuthenticationFailedException: There is no such mailbox on this server or i get this (if I play with the server and/or login info): This exception was caused by: javax.mail.MessagingException: Connect failed; nested exception is: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect the "no such mailbox" error leads me to believe you can't use cfpop here since I would think i need to specify a username and mailbox name, but there is no "mailbox" ...

  1. #1

    Default checking a mail server (exchange server)

    Does anyone know if it is possible to connect to a Microsoft Exchange server
    using cfpop? I set all the parameters and I get either this: This exception
    was caused by: javax.mail.AuthenticationFailedException: There is no such
    mailbox on this server

    or i get this (if I play with the server and/or login info): This exception
    was caused by: javax.mail.MessagingException: Connect failed; nested exception
    is: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect

    the "no such mailbox" error leads me to believe you can't use cfpop here since
    I would think i need to specify a username and mailbox name, but there is no
    "mailbox" attribute in cfpop.

    I've read it's possible to create a COM object using CDO (CDOSYS) to utilize
    MAPI to connect to the exchange server to accomplish the same thing. However,
    every tutorial or example of this i've googled for (or searched for on MSDN)
    only gives help on how to send email messages, not check for them.
    ([url]http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/exchanchor/htm[/url]
    s/mchsvr_cdo_top.asp)

    has anyone successfully grabbed mail of a MS Exchange server using coldfusion?

    angrycoder Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: checking a mail server (exchange server)

    This is exactly what CFPOP is for and it's used all the time, you must be
    having a problem with your CFPOP attributes. Your first error sounds like it's
    finding the pop server but the userid/pwd are incorrect, the 2nd error sounds
    like it's not finding the pop server at all). Double check your attributes,
    make sure you can connect, login and retrieve email msgs with another email
    client using the attribute values from CFPOP.
    <cfpop server="#form.server#" username="#form.UserName#" password="#form.pwd#"
    action="GETALL" name="GetHeaders">

    gclausen Guest

  3. #3

    The attributes I send it contain the correct information. It has the right
    address of the server, and right user name and password. I can check email
    fine with this account using a mail client (this is where I pulled the info
    from for the attributes)

    <cfpop
    server="mail.zzzz.com" (fake info here, of course)
    username="x"
    password="yyyy"
    action="getHeaderOnly"
    name="newmail"
    timeout="60"
    debug="Yes">

    any other ideas? thanks.

    angrycoder Guest

  4. #4

    hello,

    i'm having the same problem. did you ever have any luck?

    thanks,
    steve
    SNielsen Guest

  5. #5

    Your Exchange Server may be using another protocol than POP. If so, you can run POP in addition to any other delivery protocols. I believe that would cause those error messages.
    Captain Guest