Professional Web Applications Themes

Chinese font problem... and others - Macromedia Freehand

Ok, FH 2004 MX is just getting a bit annoying with all these little petty problems that cannot be solve. In addition to my last problem with printing bitmap with alpha channel (which was taken care of, by switching over to AI to finished off the job), here is another two. 1. After doing some searching, it seems that there's no way that I can have chinese font working if I'm running WinXP and FH, both are in English version. (Kind of strange though, as FW is working just fine with all the chinese fonts I have on my system.) ...

  1. #1

    Default Chinese font problem... and others

    Ok, FH 2004 MX is just getting a bit annoying with all these little petty
    problems that cannot be solve. In addition to my last problem with printing
    bitmap with alpha channel (which was taken care of, by switching over to AI to
    finished off the job), here is another two.

    1. After doing some searching, it seems that there's no way that I can have
    chinese font working if I'm running WinXP and FH, both are in English version.
    (Kind of strange though, as FW is working just fine with all the chinese fonts
    I have on my system.) OK, so I tried to work around it by (again) going over to
    AI, type the chinese text, convert it into outline/path, save it as AI9 file,
    then open the file in FH. All it shows is just a blank page. Seems like the
    export/import of different file format/version is not working right neither.
    All I want is just to have the text as path in FH, why it has to be so
    impossible?

    2. This is a totally unrelated issue. I was trying to print a page in PDF file
    format. Everything work smoothly, but it turns all the quotation mark (") into
    square. Any way I can solve this?

    3. Yet another unrelated issue. How do I input the copyright symbol (letter
    "c" in a circle) and trademark symbol (small "TM)?

    wailly Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Chinese font problem... and others

    In article <cff68b$f62$1forums.macromedia.com>,
    "wailly" <webforumsusermacromedia.com> wrote:
    > 1. After doing some searching, it seems that there's no way that I can have
    > chinese font working if I'm running WinXP and FH, both are in English
    > version.
    > (Kind of strange though, as FW is working just fine with all the chinese
    > fonts
    > I have on my system.) OK, so I tried to work around it by (again) going over
    > AI, type the chinese text, convert it into outline/path, save it as AI9 file,
    > then open the file in FH. All it shows is just a blank page. Seems like the
    > export/import of different file format/version is not working right neither.
    > All I want is just to have the text as path in FH, why it has to be so
    > impossible?

    Save to an older version of Illustrator than v9, where the file format
    changed quite drastically (basically from PostScript to PDF); v8 usually
    works fine for me, although for straightforward vector art I usually
    save as v6 to make the AI file as simple as possible.

    [snip]
    > 3. Yet another unrelated issue. How do I input the copyright symbol (letter
    > "c" in a circle) and trademark symbol (small "TM)?
    Check out the Character Map from the System Tools group in your Start
    menu. Copyright is Alt+0169 (type the digits on the numeric keypad while
    holding down the Alt key); Trademark is Alt+0153.

    --
    Odysseus
    Odysseus Guest