Professional Web Applications Themes

choice possible with Checkbox tool? - Adobe Acrobat Macintosh

Hello, I'm using the Checkbox tool in a check list for an input check. I assume that if the job is correctly delivered the person can click in the check list on the check box and a check appears. If the data is wrong on the other had, it should be possible to click on the check box and get a cross. For example, click once for a 'check', twice for a 'cross' and three times to uncheck. Is this possible? If not, what is the alternative (Combo box)...

  1. #1

    Default choice possible with Checkbox tool?

    MicHtical@adobeforums.com Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: choice possible with Checkbox tool?

    Use a radio button to allow for just one selection ...

    Jon
    Jon Bessant Guest

  3. #3

    The radio button has the same shortcoming as the checkbox tool. I need two possibilities: 'yes, it is ok' and 'no, it's not ok'.

    This is impossible to communicate with the radio button. Because if the radio button is not checked it can mean two things: 'I didn't check it' and 'no, it's not ok.'

    That's why my button should have three states. Otherwise I have to work with two columns, an ok and not ok.
    MicHtical@adobeforums.com Guest

  4. #4

    You're fighting against a standard that's probably not going to change. The radio button works that way in other applications as well.
    Steve_Werner@adobeforums.com Guest

  5. #5

    Hey Steve, I don't want to change the radio button. I want to have the possibility to do this 'V' or this 'X' with a check box.

    This is standard behaviour, no?
    MicHtical@adobeforums.com Guest

  6. #6

    The alternative is to use a regular button and use JavaScript to cycle through the three appearances you want. This will take a bit of programming. If you'd like a sample, post again.

    George
    George Johnson Guest

  7. #7

    OK - create the first radio button, copy and paste (DO NOT change the
    field name) and then change the output field name. This is how radio
    buttons work inside Acrobat

    You can have loads of radio buttons for one question and so long as
    they're duplicated then you can limit the interactivity ...

    Jon
    Jon Bessant Guest

  8. #8

    Hey George, if you can post an example, please do.

    Jon, with your solution I need multiple columns, I want the 3 possibilities on the same location, one box where you can put a check, cross or leave empty
    MicHtical@adobeforums.com Guest

  9. #9

    Here it is:

    Multi-state button Demo <https://share.acrobat.com/adc/doent.do?docid=c51ad22f-7341-432d-a1bb-9a8500d3efa8>

    You'll have to download it and study the JavaScript to understand how it works. If you have any questions, post again.

    George
    George Johnson Guest