Professional Web Applications Themes

Cleaning up my assests - Macromedia Dreamweaver

I deleted a bunch of unused assests using the assests dialog and the icon of the trash can. They have all come back now, but now when I try to delete them it says the file can not be found. If I try to refresh the window they are still there. How do I get rid of unused assest once and for all? I checked the Library folder, both locally and on the server, and it only contains the two assest that I actually use. I want to get rid of the rest of the assest in the assest dialog ...

  1. #1

    Default Cleaning up my assests

    I deleted a bunch of unused assests using the assests dialog and the icon of the trash can. They have all come back now, but now when I try to delete them it says the file can not be found. If I try to refresh the window they are still there. How do I get rid of unused assest once and for all? I checked the Library folder, both locally and on the server, and it only contains the two assest that I actually use. I want to get rid of the rest of the assest in the assest dialog so it is not confusing. Thank you.

    namiller Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Cleaning up my assests

    SITE | Recreate Site Cache....

    --
    Murray --- ICQ 71997575
    ==================

    "namiller" <com> wrote in message
    of the trash can. They have all come back now, but now when I try to delete
    them it says the file can not be found. If I try to refresh the window they
    are still there. How do I get rid of unused assest once and for all? I
    checked the Library folder, both locally and on the server, and it only
    contains the two assest that I actually use. I want to get rid of the rest
    of the assest in the assest dialog so it is not confusing. Thank you.

    Murray Guest

  3. #3

    Nevermind, I found "Recreate Site List" menu option and that did it, although I am not sure why they came back after having been deleted.

    namiller Guest

  4. #4

    Default Re: Trouble With Special Font

    that's because the other com-users don't have this font...

    i might see the correct one as i have thousands of types on my mac, but a standard-pc users probably will just have the standard ones.....

    u could fix the problem by writing the texts in photoshop and save them as gifs or jpegs... then they're not editable (what can be - aswell as a +)

    that's the only solution that comes to my mind....

    ma

    maxmc Guest

  5. #5

    they came back due to the cache, when you recreate the site list it revises and resets the cache.

    lostaussie Guest

  6. #6

    Find and replace for the whole site

    DiMa
    --------------------
    WEB FORUM USERS: Please log on to the Newsgroup for quicker replies to your
    posts:
    For Answers, check here first:
    http://groups.google.com/advanced_group_search?q=+group:macromedia.dreamwea ver
    http://www.macromedia.com/support/dreamweaver/technotes.html
    http://www.projectseven.com/faqbase
    http://www.dreamweaverFAQ.com

    http://www.macromedia.com/support/forums/etiquette.htm
    DiMa Design > From Lines...to Designs
    http://www.dimadesign.net

    "namiller" <com> wrote in message
    renamed one of the library items, and then recreated the list, and now I have
    two items, one with the old name and one with the new. I assume when I changed
    teh name Dreamweaver failed to change all occurances. How can I find out which
    pages use a particular library item?

    DiMa Guest