Professional Web Applications Themes

click to play animation - Macromedia Director 3D

I have used the 3D 'Play Animation' behavior to play a motion in my 3D scene. But have a few questions 1. Is it simple (with the behaviors) to get it to play once only. So if you click it a second time, it does not animate? 2. If I want to click and play animation's of say 10 models, is there a simple way of saying 'play all animations with associated models'? These are keyframe animations. If you just set it to play at the start, it plays all together. How can I have a click to play all? ...

  1. #1

    Default click to play animation

    I have used the 3D 'Play Animation' behavior to play a motion in my 3D
    scene. But have a few questions
    1. Is it simple (with the behaviors) to get it to play once only. So if
    you click it a second time, it does not animate?

    2. If I want to click and play animation's of say 10 models, is there a
    simple way of saying 'play all animations with associated models'? These
    are keyframe animations. If you just set it to play at the start, it
    plays all together. How can I have a click to play all?

    Thanks.

    stu Guest

  2. #2

    Hi,

    I'm a novice in Director 3D and in Lingo in general. I'm not trying to
    do anything too complicated. Am here to ask for help doing the
    following:
    I have created a 3D model in Max with various things that animate. The
    user can click on one model and it will animate, then another, and it
    will animate. This is easily done with the Play Animation 3D Action
    behavior. What I want is once you've clicked all of the models, another
    animation plays. So, how do I go about this?

    My animation is just keyframed made in Max.

    Thanks.

    Stu.

    stu Guest

  3. #3

    Default Re: click to play animation

    you can export just animations from max, uncheck everything except animation and export. you should use 3dpi to load the animations. you'll need to download and install 3dpi, everybody uses it
    tyree_2 Guest

  4. #4

    tyree_2 wrote:

    Thanks for the advice. I have used 3DPI. I can export the animations fine. The above doesn't answer my question.

    stu

    stu Guest

  5. #5

    I've managed to put a global variable into the Play Animation behavior to
    count the animations played. But, I'm really just counting the animations
    activated. I need a way to test if an animation has finished playing. How
    do I do that?

    Thanks.

    stu Guest

  6. #6

    stu wrote:

    Hi Stu,

    When an animation starts playing the 'currentTime' property ticks over and
    then goes back to 0 when the motion is complete. If you have recorded when
    the animation starts, you just need to check when it's finished. You could
    have something like the following (in a script after you know the animation
    has been started):
    if member("3DcastName").model("modelName").keyframePl ayer.currentTime = 0
    then go to "animComplete"

    regards
    Dean

    Director Lecturer / Consultant / Director Enthusiast
    http://www.deansdirectortutorials.com/
    http://www.multimediacreative.com.au
    email: edu.au

    Dean Guest

  7. #7

    you can use the timeline to become familiar with adding motions as stated if
    you turn loop off the animation will only play once and stop stretch the
    timeline out pass the point where the animation stops. go to a point after the
    aimation has stopped and tell it member(whatever the member number
    is).model("model name").bonesplayer.queue("whatever the name of the animation
    is that you stopped") to use another motion other than the initial motion just
    load it before you play it

    tyree_2 Guest