Professional Web Applications Themes

Client's Contribute - Macromedia Contribute General Discussion

Hello - I am a web host and designer and have more and more clients who would like to make their own changes for menus, guest room pricing and even e-commerce. I bought Contribute 3 to help them do that. I however, have a thin flimsy book that came with the Adobe Web Bundle for Macromedia and it doesn't explain ALOT! Do my clients each have to purchase and install Contribute in order to make their changes? I've used CMS's before and did not have any special software on my computer to use it. It was totally through the browser. ...

  1. #1

    Default Client's Contribute

    Hello -

    I am a web host and designer and have more and more clients who would like to
    make their own changes for menus, guest room pricing and even e-commerce. I
    bought Contribute 3 to help them do that. I however, have a thin flimsy book
    that came with the Adobe Web Bundle for Macromedia and it doesn't explain ALOT!
    Do my clients each have to purchase and install Contribute in order to make
    their changes? I've used CMS's before and did not have any special software on
    my computer to use it. It was totally through the browser.

    Please let me know asap as I am building the new site for my client right now.

    Thank you so much!
    Alisa:confused;

    fillydeva Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Client's Contribute

    yes, each client has the software installed on their pc's at their place,
    it's not something installed on the host server if that's you mean...

    "fillydeva" <webforumsusermacromedia.com> wrote in message
    > Hello -
    >
    > I am a web host and designer and have more and more clients who would like
    > make their own changes for menus, guest room pricing and even e-commerce.
    > bought Contribute 3 to help them do that. I however, have a thin flimsy
    > book
    > that came with the Adobe Web Bundle for Macromedia and it doesn't explain
    > ALOT!
    > Do my clients each have to purchase and install Contribute in order to
    > make
    > their changes? I've used CMS's before and did not have any special
    > software on
    > my computer to use it. It was totally through the browser.
    >
    > Please let me know asap as I am building the new site for my client right
    > now.
    >
    > Thank you so much!
    > Alisa:confused;

    robe Guest

  3. #3

    Thanks! That's exactly what I was wondering.:grin;
    fillydeva Guest

  4. #4

    I have been wondering this as well.
    Does this mean though that my client has to pay for their copy of Contribute or does my licence cover an installation on their machine?
    Thanks,
    Mat
    matrutherford Guest

  5. #5

    Hi -

    Well I've already told my client that I would have to install software and
    that's what the extra price was for as well as a two hour session on how to use
    it. I didn't charge near enough if I have to buy another license though.

    fillydeva Guest