Professional Web Applications Themes

Client use of pc version contribute when developed onmac - Macromedia Contribute General Discussion

Question: I am in the process of developing a website in Dreamweaver on my Mac. My client wants to be able to tweak the website once it is done with Contribute, however they will be using a PC. Are there any known issues that I should be aware of before I put a lot of work into the website? Am I better off developing the website on a PC with Dreamweaver to avoid any potential conflicts? Thanks, Guy...

  1. #1

    Default Client use of pc version contribute when developed onmac

    Question:

    I am in the process of developing a website in Dreamweaver on my Mac. My
    client wants to be able to tweak the website once it is done with Contribute,
    however they will be using a PC. Are there any known issues that I should be
    aware of before I put a lot of work into the website? Am I better off
    developing the website on a PC with Dreamweaver to avoid any potential
    conflicts?

    Thanks,
    Guy

    garossi Guest

  2. #2

    The site you build will be based on a template presumably, locking areas so
    your client can't wreak the layout by mistake?

    I work on a Mac and almost every one of my clients edits using a PC with
    Contribute. A good tip to pass on to them is telling them once you have
    connected, go to (File >) Administer Websites & select your site. Pick
    Dreamweaver-style editing as this option gives you proper paragraph breaks,
    rather than just starting the text on the next line. If you still want to be
    able to do that you can; press Shift + Return to start a new line.

    This saves a lot of cleaning up when you get asked to make changes on their
    behalf.

    Also, I find it a good practice to produce a doent telling them what styles
    you created and showing them where they are used, discouraging them from
    creating their own (style104) if possible.

    Bottom line is, it makes no difference what YOU build the site in or what
    platform you are on. Just make sure you give your styles meaningful and
    complaint names - no gaps or starting with a number and it should all be fine.

    Sirius7 Guest

  3. #3

    Another thought, if you have a CS4 suite or Contribute yourself, it would be worth getting up to speed on it so you can advise when needed.
    Sirius7 Guest