Professional Web Applications Themes

Client variables storage and mysql 5.1 - Coldfusion Server Administration

I am trying to use a data source for client variables storage with mysql 5.1. The database is empty and connection is verified in data sources panel. When i try to add the data source for client store, it gives the following error: Unable to create client tables. If they already exist, you should uncheck Create Client Tables. I checked the database and found that coldfusion wasn't able to create all the tables. cdata was created but primary keys for cfid and app columns weren't set. Also, cglobal table was absent. After that, i created a new database and manually ...

  1. #1

    Default Client variables storage and mysql 5.1

    I am trying to use a data source for client variables storage with mysql 5.1.
    The database is empty and connection is verified in data sources panel. When i
    try to add the data source for client store, it gives the following error:

    Unable to create client tables. If they already exist, you should uncheck
    Create Client Tables.

    I checked the database and found that coldfusion wasn't able to create all the
    tables. cdata was created but primary keys for cfid and app columns weren't
    set. Also, cglobal table was absent.

    After that, i created a new database and manually created the required tables.
    I set up the client variables store without Create Client Tables option. But
    when i tried to write something on CLIENT scope with coldfusion i get an error.
    This happens with mysql 5.1. There is no problem with mysql 5. The error is
    attached below.

    coldfusion.runtime.ClientScopeDBException: Operation failed on the cfstore
    data source.
    at coldfusion.runtime.JDBCHelper.Store(JDBCHelper.jav a:256)
    at
    coldfusion.runtime.ClientScopeServiceImpl.PersistC lientVariables(ClientScopeServ
    iceImpl.java:358)

    at
    coldfusion.runtime.ClientScopeServiceImpl.PersistC lientVariablesForRequest(Clien
    tScopeServiceImpl.java:324)
    at
    coldfusion.filter.ClientScopePersistenceFilter.inv oke(ClientScopePersistenceFilt
    er.java:33)
    at coldfusion.filter.BrowserFilter.invoke(BrowserFilt er.java:38)

    at coldfusion.filter.NoCacheFilter.invoke(NoCacheFilt er.java:46)
    at coldfusion.filter.GlobalsFilter.invoke(GlobalsFilt er.java:38)
    at coldfusion.filter.DatasourceFilter.invoke(Datasour ceFilter.java:22)
    at coldfusion.CfmServlet.service(CfmServlet.java:175)

    at coldfusion.bootstrap.BootstrapServlet.service(Boot strapServlet.java:89)
    at jrun.servlet.FilterChain.doFilter(FilterChain.java :86)
    at
    coldfusion.monitor.event.MonitoringServletFilter.d oFilter(MonitoringServletFilte
    r.java:42)

    at coldfusion.bootstrap.BootstrapFilter.doFilter(Boot strapFilter.java:46)
    at jrun.servlet.FilterChain.doFilter(FilterChain.java :94)
    at jrun.servlet.FilterChain.service(FilterChain.java: 101)
    at jrun.servlet.ServletInvoker.invoke(ServletInvoker. java:106)

    at jrun.servlet.JRunInvokerChain.invokeNext(JRunInvok erChain.java:42)
    at jrun.servlet.JRunRequestDispatcher.invoke(JRunRequ estDispatcher.java:286)
    at jrun.servlet.ServletEngineService.dispatch(Servlet EngineService.java:543)

    at
    jrun.servlet.jrpp.JRunProxyService.invokeRunnable( JRunProxyService.java:203)
    at
    jrunx.scheduler.ThreadPool$DownstreamMetrics.invok eRunnable(ThreadPool.java:320)
    at
    jrunx.scheduler.ThreadPool$ThreadThrottle.invokeRu nnable(ThreadPool.java:428)

    at
    jrunx.scheduler.ThreadPool$UpstreamMetrics.invokeR unnable(ThreadPool.java:266)
    at jrunx.scheduler.WorkerThread.run(WorkerThread.java :66)

    javax.servlet.ServletException: ROOT CAUSE:
[...]

    r.java:70)
[...]

    bilgehan Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Client variables storage and mysql 5.1

    I'm no expert on MySQL (background is MS SQL), but could it be when you created the tables manually you created them under a different user, and now your CF user can't access them?
    TinkerToy__ Guest

  3. #3

    I am using the same user that i used to create the tables. Also, i repeated the same procedure on mysql 5 and everthing is fine. I think it is specific to mysql 5.1.
    bilgehan Guest

  4. #4

    I had no problems with MySQL 5.1 on CF8.0.1. However, I found there were quite
    a few corners to turn when changing the datasource for the client store. I
    followed the following steps:

    1) Create a new database (called client_data)using the following SQL
    script:
    CREATE DATABASE client_data;
    USE client_data;
    /*Table structure for table cdata */
    DROP TABLE IF EXISTS cdata;
    CREATE TABLE cdata (
    cfid char(64) NOT NULL,
    app char(64) NOT NULL,
    data text,
    UNIQUE KEY id1 (cfid,app)
    ) ENGINE=InnoDB DEFAULT CHT=utf8;
    /*Table structure for table cglobal */
    DROP TABLE IF EXISTS cglobal;
    CREATE TABLE cglobal (
    cfid char(64) NOT NULL,
    data text,
    lvisit datetime NOT NULL,
    KEY id2 (cfid),
    KEY id3 (lvisit)
    ) ENGINE=InnoDB DEFAULT CHT=utf8;

    2) Configure a datasource called client_data in the datasources page
    in the Coldfusion Adimistrator. Use the following settings:

    Data Source Name:client_data
    Driver:MySQL (4/5)
    Database:client_data
    Server:127.0.0.1
    Port:3306
    Username:root
    Password:BKBK1432

    3) In the Client Variables page in the Administrator, delete any previous
    datasources used for client storage.

    4) Restart Coldfusion.

    5) In the Client Variables page in the Administrator, add client_data
    as the store for client variables. Make sure its radio-button is selected.

    6) If necessary, change the value of the clientStorage attribute in
    Application.cfm or the this.clientStorage in Application.cfc to
    "client_data".

    BKBK Guest