Professional Web Applications Themes

Clipboard - Windows XP/2000/ME

I cannot find my clipboard...

  1. #1

    Default Clipboard

    I cannot find my clipboard
    Michael Preston Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Clipboard

    First, Windows XP's Clipboard Viewer is now called the Clipbook Viewer. And
    although XP places the program on your hard drive, here's how to place the
    Clipbook Viewer's icon onto your Start menu:

    1. Click the Start menu button and open My Computer.

    2. Open your C drive. (It's listed in the Hard Disk Drives section.)

    3. Double-click on the Windows folder, then Double-click on the System32
    folder.

    5. Scroll down the page until you locate a file named Clipbrd.

    6. Drag and drop the Clipbrd file onto your Start button.

    When you open your Start menu, the Clipbrd program's icon will appear near
    the top. (Feel free to right-click the clipbrd's icon, choose Rename, and
    type in Clipbook Viewer/Clipboard Viewer.

    Whenever you want to see exactly what's being stored on your Clipboard,
    double-click that icon. The Clipbook Viewer appears, letting you see exactly
    what's been cut or copied to your Clipboard.

    NB: To display hidden files and folders

    Open Folder Options in Control Panel, Click Start, and then click Control
    Panel.

    Double-click Folder Options.

    On the View tab, under Hidden files and folders, click Show hidden files and
    folders.

    "Michael Preston" <Mymate56aol> wrote in message
    > I cannot find my clipboard
    Taurarian Guest

  3. #3

    "Michael Preston" <Mymate56aol> wrote in message
    > I cannot find my clipboard
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\clipbrd.exe Can create shortcuts to it and cut to paste
    where desired.

    Malv

    Malvern Guest

  4. #4

    In 04ae01c342cf$37d97ed0$a501280aphx.gbl, Michael Preston wrote:
    > I cannot find my clipboard

    The clipboard is in memeory, and can't ve found directly. What
    you *can* find is the clipboard viewer, which you can get to by
    typing clipbrd at the Start | Run line.

    --
    Ken Blake
    Please reply to the newsgroup

    Ken Blake Guest

  5. #5

    If there is no clipboard in XP, where is the stuff going
    that I copy? I'm trying to delete it so it won't keep
    appearing when I'm trying to paste something else. I
    guess what I'm trying to say is, how do I get rid of
    stuff I copied to the clipboard (or whatever)? Thanks.

    Roy
    Roy Guest

  7. #7

    Clipboard viewer is generally installed by default. I'm not sure why it's
    not in the start menu anywhere on some machines though.
    Create a shortcut to c:\windows\system32\clipbrd.exe and you should be able
    to get at it.

    However, if you simply copy something into the clipboard previous contents
    are overwritten. The only exception is when using 3rd party tools.

    --
    Walter Clayton - MS MVP(WinXP)
    Associate Expert

    "Roy" <thirty7_royhotmail.com> wrote in message
    > If there is no clipboard in XP, where is the stuff going
    > that I copy? I'm trying to delete it so it won't keep
    > appearing when I'm trying to paste something else. I
    > guess what I'm trying to say is, how do I get rid of
    > stuff I copied to the clipboard (or whatever)? Thanks.
    >
    > Roy
    Walter Clayton Guest

  8. #8

    Thanks to both of you. Shortcut is now on my desktop.

    Roy

    "Walter Clayton" <w-claytonNOSPmvpsAM.org> wrote in message
    > Clipboard viewer is generally installed by default. I'm not sure why it's
    > not in the start menu anywhere on some machines though.
    > Create a shortcut to c:\windows\system32\clipbrd.exe and you should be
    able
    > to get at it.
    >
    > However, if you simply copy something into the clipboard previous contents
    > are overwritten. The only exception is when using 3rd party tools.
    >
    > --
    > Walter Clayton - MS MVP(WinXP)
    > Associate Expert
    > [url]http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone[/url]
    > Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced.
    > [url]http://www.dts-l.org[/url]
    > [url]http://support.microsoft.com/servicedesks/fileversion/default.asp[/url]
    >

    > "Roy" <thirty7_royhotmail.com> wrote in message
    > > If there is no clipboard in XP, where is the stuff going
    > > that I copy? I'm trying to delete it so it won't keep
    > > appearing when I'm trying to paste something else. I
    > > guess what I'm trying to say is, how do I get rid of
    > > stuff I copied to the clipboard (or whatever)? Thanks.
    > >
    > > Roy

    Roy Guest

  9. #9

    G. Lynch wrote:
    > Where do I find the Clipboard or other area where coppied
    > information is temporarily stored? Can it be accessed
    > from the desktop?
    In the old days, there was a "clipboard viewer" program which enabled
    you to see what is in the clipboard. I don't find this in XP anymore
    onthe program list, but the program might be in the windows or
    windows\system32 folders. Take a look. Surely one can find free or 3rd
    party commercial program that does this.

    Hardly needed, though. You can see what's in clipboard simply by
    pasting into a "container" like WordPad ... CtrlV ... out will come
    what's there. Text or figure.

    The "clipboard" is just some memory "space" which is "out there",
    managed by Windows, that you put stuff in and take copies out.

    Rob Schneider Guest

  10. #10

    "G. Lynch" <gvlynchmsn.com> wrote in message news:098c01c34fa2$8fc9d010$a501280aphx.gbl...
    > Where do I find the Clipboard or other area where coppied
    > information is temporarily stored? Can it be accessed
    > from the desktop?
    Click start/run, then type (no quotes) "clipbrd", and hit "OK", it will come up. The clipbrd.exe is in the System32 folder
    Ted Guest

  11. #11

    "Rob Schneider" <rmschnestripthisoutbeeb.net> wrote in message
    > G. Lynch wrote:
    >
    > > Where do I find the Clipboard or other area where coppied
    > > information is temporarily stored? Can it be accessed
    > > from the desktop?
    >
    > In the old days, there was a "clipboard viewer" program which
    enabled
    > you to see what is in the clipboard. I don't find this in XP
    anymore
    > onthe program list, but the program might be in the windows or
    > windows\system32 folders. Take a look. Surely one can find
    free or 3rd
    > party commercial program that does this.

    First of all, G. Lynch should note that the clipboard is in
    memory, and can't be found directly. But as you say, there still
    is a clipboard viewer (not just "in the old days"). You can get
    to it by typing CLIPBRD at the Start | Run line.