Professional Web Applications Themes

Clipping Mask - Adobe Illustrator Windows

Procedure for "Creating a clipping mask" in CLASSROOM IN A BOOK(pp17) says: Select -> Object -> Clipping Mask -> Make But I could go as far as Clipping Mask and there was any further pull-down menu to go to "Make". Please anyone help. Kaz...

  1. #1

    Default Clipping Mask

    Kazunari_Honjo@adobeforums.com Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Clipping Mask

    You must have two objects, (preferably overlapping), selected. The top object in the stacking order becomes the mask, masking the underlying object.
    John Mensinger Guest

  3. #3

    Thanks for your response.
    Do you mean that "Make" may not show depending upon the situation? I was following the tutorial and I think there were two objects and they were selected but I will double check and come back.

  4. #4

    I have tried again following excatly what the tutorial said but I could not go beyond "Clipping Mask" in the pull-down menu.
    Your further suggestion would be appreciated.

  5. #5

    Maybe you need to delete your AIPrefs file. When you "MouseOver" clipping Mask "Make" should pop out the side.
    Timothy_Fooleryョ@adobeforums.com Guest

  6. #6

    ほんじょうさん:

    Windows≠ィよび!llustrator≠フバージョンナンバーをお知らせ下さい。

    場合によって、インストールしなおす他には手がないかも知りません。

    ハロン
    Harron_K._Appleman@adobeforums.com Guest

  7. #7

    ハロンさん:

    Windows XP ProとIllustrator CSです。宜しbィ願いします。

    本所
    Kazunari_Honjo@adobeforums.com Guest

  8. #8

    本所さん:

    両方とも英語ばんですか?

    残念ながら、ぼbヘ未だに!L 10≠ネので、正確に答えることはできません。

    Aipref<tアイルをデリートしてみましたか?=iこれについては:AQ≠ご覧 ノなって下さい。)

  9. #9

    Hey!

    No Fair! :)
    Timothy_Fooleryョ@adobeforums.com Guest

  10. #10

    Actually, that's the first time I tried the Windows IME in this forum. Wasn't sure it would work.

    Not 'talking' behind your backs. Not saying anything you haven't heard before.

    =-= Harron =-=
    Harron_K._Appleman@adobeforums.com Guest

  11. #11

    Yes, both of them are English version. I deleted but saw no effect on the problem.

    This is off-topic but there appears to be 9 responses to this thread but I am seeing my original post and post #6 and downward. I wonder why post #2 to #5 are not displayed on my screen.

  12. #12

    "I deleted but ...." should read "I deleted Aipref ... "

  13. #13

    Very strange, Kaz. (Both your main and off-topic problems.)

    Sorry I cannot be of more help. Might be time for a re-install of Illustrator.

    =-= Harron =-=
    Harron_K._Appleman@adobeforums.com Guest

  14. #14

    Now I am seeing all posts.

    Timothy Foolery:

    Because I did not know how to use this forum, I once missed seeing your first post.

    I do not know about "MouceOver" clipping but what this tutorial says is that you create two objects which are overlapped and are selected. Then starting at menu of Select and navigate through three level of pull-down menus and select "Make" as follows:

    Select -> Object -> Clipping Mask -> Make

    My problem is that I see only three level of pull-down menu so that I can not select "Make".

    I am using Illustrator CS on Windows XP both of which are English version.

  15. #15

    Sorry Kaz, I think I may have confused you. I meant when your mouse pointer goes over Clipping Mask, Make should come out. This is obviously not happening. If you have tried deleting your prefs then I would have to agree with Harron. Maybe it is time to re-install Illustrator.
    Timothy_Fooleryョ@adobeforums.com Guest

  16. #16

    Wait!! No!! I see the problem.

    You are going Select > Object > Clipping mask. That is wrong.

    You must go Object > Clipping Mask > Make.

    Select
    Timothy_Fooleryョ@adobeforums.com Guest

  17. #17

    Good catch, Timothy!
    Harron_K._Appleman@adobeforums.com Guest

  18. #18

    I am pleased to post that my problem has been resolved.
    I did not read the tutorial correctly. If I start at "Object" then no problem getting to "Make".

    I could figure out how to do "MouceOver" clipping. I have not tried Ctrl+7 yet.

    Now I can move beyond page 17 of the tutorial book. There are 540 pages left for me to go over so that I may come back to this forum again with a new problem.

    Thank you all for helping me.

  19. #19

    Thanks Harron.

    Glad you're moving again Kaz. See ya next time. ;)
    Timothy_Fooleryョ@adobeforums.com Guest

  20. #20

    Harron,

    Your IME messages have been deleted for two reasons.

    1) This is an English Language forum. If the Hosts can't read your message, it could contain anything, so it goes.

    2) It create's minor havoc in a Newsreader!
    LenHewitt@adobeforums.com Guest

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast