Professional Web Applications Themes

Clipping objects in MX don't work right - Macromedia Freehand

This has probably come up before but a search doesn't find it. In MX if I make an object and paste another object inside of it and then move the outer object, the inside does not move with it. In FH 10 all is fine but not so in FX. As an experiment I took a color filled circle and put a colored filled box over it. Cut the box and then pasted it into the circle. Now move the circle. The box stays and doesn't move with the circle. What's happening? I had to recreate artwork using FH 10 ...

  1. #1

    Default Clipping objects in MX don't work right

    This has probably come up before but a search doesn't find it. In MX if I make
    an object and paste another object inside of it and then move the outer object,
    the inside does not move with it. In FH 10 all is fine but not so in FX. As an
    experiment I took a color filled circle and put a colored filled box over it.
    Cut the box and then pasted it into the circle. Now move the circle. The box
    stays and doesn't move with the circle. What's happening? I had to recreate
    artwork using FH 10 to make this work correctly.

    algraph Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Clipping objects in MX don't work right

    Go to your Transform/Move panel and check 'Contents'.

    Judy Arndt

    algraph wrote:
    > This has probably come up before but a search doesn't find it. In MX if I make
    > an object and paste another object inside of it and then move the outer
    > object, the inside does not move with it.
    Judy Arndt Guest

  3. #3

    Thanks Judy. That works! I could have bet you'd be the one to answer the
    question and know how to solve it. I guess in previous versions the box is
    checked as a default and it's these little things that make life a little
    frustrating.
    Thanks again.

    algraph Guest

  4. #4

    I learned to use FreeHand back in the days when there were good, thick
    printed FreeHand manuals -- plus Olav Martin Kvern's excellent book "Real
    World FreeHand 8". You didn't have to know the exact terminology to find an
    answer.

    I feel very sorry for anyone trying to learn FH for the first time from the
    skimpy electronic doentation currently provided. Small wonder so many FH
    users give up in frustration.

    Judy Arndt

    algraph wrote:
    > Thanks Judy. That works! I could have bet you'd be the one to answer the
    > question and know how to solve it. I guess in previous versions the box is
    > checked as a default and it's these little things that make life a little
    > frustrating.
    > Thanks again.

    Judy Arndt Guest

  5. #5

    "I feel very sorry for anyone trying to learn FH for the first time from the
    skimpy electronic doentation currently provided. Small wonder so many FH
    users give up in frustration."

    As one continually and forever engaged in learning Flash and Dreamweaver
    from the skimpy electronic doentation, I couldn't agree more.

    JET

    James E. Talmage Guest

  6. #6

    I started with FH 2 on B&W little screen Mac. I think the whole program fit on
    couple of floppies. I had to learn it quick because I was freelancing on site
    at a client's and it was the only program he had.

    I see that you answer many questions. I rarely have to time to visit the
    forums 2 times a month.

    I also bought Kvern's books for quick references and shortcuts.

    Thanks,
    Alan

    algraph Guest