Professional Web Applications Themes

clone stamp - Adobe Photoshop 7, CS, CS2 & CS3

some things to check: are you cloning from (source) an empty layer? is the clone tool set to normal mode in the options bar? is the layer you're cloning to (destination) set to something other than normal w/ 100% fill and opacity? are the tool's opacity and fill set to 100% in the options bar? what version of ps are you running?...

  1. #1

    Default Re: clone stamp

    some things to check:
    are you cloning from (source) an empty layer? is the clone tool set to normal mode in the options bar? is the layer you're cloning to (destination) set to something other than normal w/ 100% fill and opacity? are the tool's opacity and fill set to 100% in the options bar?

    what version of ps are you running?
    dave milbut Guest

  3. #3

    I have a related question...I'm having trouble understanding the relationship between the clone source and destination.
    How can I see what I'll paste more easily?
    Is there a product enhancement suggestion box somewhere?
    dkindler Guest

  4. #4

    Sounds to me like a cursor issue...

    Change your painting cursors in the PS Preferences to brush size.

    Grab a decent sized brush to test (40-60 or larger depending on resolution). You should see a nice CIRCLE that is the exact size of your brush. Center that circle over what you want to clone, then Alt-click. That is what the very first click of the mouse will copy...

    TIP: Make a mental note of this circle and make sure you start cloning outside to prevent repetitive patterns.

    TIP2: Pratice on an image that is easy to tell what's going on when you clone. A good way to do this is open an exising picture and double the size under Image/canvase size (put everything to one side, not the middle) Then just start cloning into the blank area...it's a little easier to see what's happening if your not distracted by an existing background....
    -Splunge- Guest

  6. #6

    HOW does it "not work anymore"?

    Are there any error messages?

    Have you checked the options?
    Chris Cox Guest

  7. #7

    Thank you!!! Excellent suggestions...now I understand how cloning works...next to try to understand the difference between the cloning and healing tool.
    dkindler Guest

  8. #8

  9. #9

    Cloning copies the pixels over to the destination. If you have one lamp post and want two, you can clone it.

    Healing takes good pixels from the source and matches the texture, lighting, and shading of the sampled pixels to the source pixels.

    F1 is your friend - check it out.

    Also log into the Adobe Expert Center for some tutorials:

    <http://studio.adobe.com/expertcenter/main.html>

    Peace,
    Tony
    YrbkMgr Guest

  10. #10

    1. change either mouse or keyboard or both
    not working either? do this
    2. instead of Alt -click, press alt+shift+clik
    Unregistered Guest

  11. #11

    Default Clone stamp not working

    I open my image, create a Layer 0 as the background copy is locked. Select my clone tool and select what I want and it will show very faint and take 20 to 30 clicks to hide a scare in a photo and it look terrible. I am using CS2 and CS3

    Can you help? They were working before with no problem. I do not get it.

    Janet

    Quote Originally Posted by dave milbut View Post
    some things to check:
    are you cloning from (source) an empty layer? is the clone tool set to normal mode in the options bar? is the layer you're cloning to (destination) set to something other than normal w/ 100% fill and opacity? are the tool's opacity and fill set to 100% in the options bar?

    what version of ps are you running?
    werstroh Guest