Professional Web Applications Themes

cloth like - Macromedia Director 3D

cloth like motion full object, not just front view www.bleed.ondapc.com/./spread.htm...

  1. #1

    Default cloth like

    cloth like motion full object, not just front view

    www.bleed.ondapc.com/./spread.htm
    tyree_2 Guest

  2. #2

    someone asked me before about showing a character with cloth

    http://bleed.hereweb.com/dress.htm
    tyree_2 Guest

  3. #3

    Default Re: cloth like

    What the interest of this post on this forum.

    Little Guest

  4. #4

    its a shockwave 3d forum and thats it.
    tyree_2 Guest

  5. #5

    The quality of this demo is very bad and no information about the technique.

    Little Guest

  6. #6

    "Cloth" in director will probably need to be reworked now as most solutions
    relied on the Havok xtra (using springs/dashpots to drive vertices in the cloth
    mesh) and from D11 they'll need to be converted to Ageias physics xtra.

    Tyree is that demo bones animated? As far as I could tell the repetitions
    looked identical so my guess it's not simulated/Havok driven?

    multiduck Guest

  7. #7

    [q]Originally posted by: multiduck
    Tyree is that demo bones animated? As far as I could tell the repetitions
    looked identical so my guess it's not simulated/Havok driven?[/q]

    That's a 3.2 seconds bones based (buggy) animation.
    But I bet he is trying to achieve this result:
    http://www.havok.com/vids/Zhora.html

    Romeo.Marian Guest

  8. #8

    no its not buggy its just looping over a 100 frames if I make it longer it would be more appealing. Its reactor driven bone animation
    tyree_2 Guest

  9. #9

    I don't use Max so I haven't used rector but you don't get interactive results
    that way do you? I do all my Havok setups with lingo myself.

    Anyway to see a good solution for cloth check out Ullalas great Havok demo
    here http://www.farbflash.de/curtain/ which also includes the source.

    multiduck Guest

  10. #10

    no, for it to be interactive you would do it the same way you do character
    animation. a seperate set of animations for whatever the character is doing.
    but since its not being hand animated its not a difficult task. I tend to only
    want to code in small amounts. I jump in and jump out. I often come up with
    solutions that only need a small
    amount of coding. so I can spend more time on the creative. isnt reactor in
    maya also. you could do it with any version of max that has
    reactor doesnt have to be the new one

    here is the dress just plodding along

    http://bleed.hereweb.com/dressalong.htm

    tyree_2 Guest

  11. #11

    If it's not interactive it's not really cloth tho, and separate animations are
    just animations. Although it should be possible (if you're setting it up
    correctly in Max) to skip the animation and just apply an impulse in director
    to move the dress, would only be a few lines of code with the a Max exported
    hke.

    And as far as I know there is / never were a version of Reactor for Maya, heck
    there isn't even an exporter after version 8 of Maya. I do hope that there will
    be a new version that supports Ageia Physx now tho.

    multiduck Guest

  12. #12

    I have an old copy of plasma I could try exporting something as an hke
    file
    tyree_2 Guest

  13. #13

    Ah, I think I'm mixing up Reactor and Plasma, so Reactor itself can't export havok physics files then?
    multiduck Guest

  14. #14

    multiduck wrote:

    An old version of Reactor allowed exporting of HKE files. That was 3DS Max 4 and Max 5. Max 6 and higher
    does not support HKE exporting. Plasma coudl export HKE files. It was created to be focussed at 3D for the
    web but it did not last long .

    regards
    Dean

    Director Lecturer / Consultant / Director Enthusiast
    http://www.deansdirectortutorials.com/
    http://www.multimediacreative.com.au
    email: edu.au

    Dean Guest

  15. #15

    but since its made with reactor and the bones are set up to move like a motion
    and not a joint. It should be possible to get the same or something similar
    with non hke. that makes logical sense but I havent tried it

    tyree_2 Guest

  16. #16

    [q]Originally posted by: multiduck
    Ah, I think I'm mixing up Reactor and Plasma, so Reactor itself can't export
    havok physics files then?[/q]

    Reactor is a 3DS Max set of tools (plugins) and Plasma is a standalone app
    (discontinued 4 years ago).
    The HKE export option has been removed starting with 3DS Max 6.
    The latest Reactor plugin (3DS Max 2008) is based on Havok 3.0

    to tyree_2: all your examples are simple animations and have nothing to do
    with runtime physics.

    AlinaX Guest

  17. #17

    It's probably possible to recreate with code, I say possible since we haven't
    seen your 'soloution', but you would have to recreate what you did with lingo.
    You might want to wait for D11 before developing it any further since Havok is
    a) no longer supported and b) won't work on all Macs.

    multiduck Guest

  18. #18

    I had no intention of trying to recreate real time physics. it doesnt impress
    me. I was pointing out that it should be possible. my interest is and will be
    animation. seeing everything that would normally be rendered in a real time
    environment

    tyree_2 Guest