Professional Web Applications Themes

CMYK seperate color files - Adobe Photoshop 7, CS, CS2 & CS3

Hello all! I have a question. I have made a cartoon in CMYK mode in Photoshop a t-shirt color seperate. I send the printhouse a psd files with the CMYK psd but they told me it was not seperate color files. How do I sen the files color seperate? Thanks in advance. Veronica...

  1. #1

    Default CMYK seperate color files

    Hello all!

    I have a question.
    I have made a cartoon in CMYK mode in Photoshop a t-shirt color seperate.
    I send the printhouse a psd files with the CMYK psd but they told me it was not seperate color files.

    How do I sen the files color seperate?

    Thanks in advance.
    Veronica
    Guest1234 Guest

  4. #4

    Default Re: CMYK seperate color files

    Well,

    I can't answer your question, although I know there's a way to provide separate C,M,Y, and K files (post script?).

    When I first read this though, I thought "They can't use a CMYK file?" I'd get a new printer - sounds like they may not be the best source to use.

    I routinely provide CMYK files to our printer.

    <shrug>

    Peace,
    Tony
    YrbkMgr Guest

  5. #5

    You should ask the printer what they want from you. otherwise we're all just guessing.

    You could select Split channels from the Channels palette menu and save the individual channels as psd files.
    Mark Hiers Guest

  6. #6

    You can make four grayscale images from the individual channels but your printer really should be able to handle a CMYK file unless you are requesting a special printing process.
    E. Segen Guest

  7. #7

    Good. It's not just me.
    YrbkMgr Guest

  8. #8

    And if I split channels, I must flatten image but I have some transparant areas. Will this be valid once I flatten image?
    Because the transparant areas look white instead of transparant after flatten image!

    (wow, I must sound like a real newbie! I am in this area!)
    Guest1234 Guest

  9. #9

    Somehow I am guessing you are sending a Photoshop native file to your printer.

    Have you tried giving them an EPS in CMYK or a TIFF in CMYK as well? (you'll have to flatten, so make this in a copy of the file).

    Gustavo Sánchez

    (Posted from Spain)
    Gustavo Sanchez Guest

  10. #10

    Because the transparant areas look white instead of transparant after
    flatten image!

    Well, transparent areas will be the color of the t-shirt you are printing on because they don't print with white ink in a cmyk printing process.
    Mark Hiers Guest

  11. #11

    Dear freinds..

    if there is printed coloured picture..
    and if i want to see all the colours..
    so the computer will make it seperate in CMYK colours....but I want to know that how to see all the colours and make it seperate ....(not in 4 COLOURS THAT IS CMYK) BUT i want to see all the spot colours and make a seperation of the same..if this possible then do reply me at (rahul_lits@yahoo.com)...

    As i am in great need of this..thanking you Rahul.....
    chintu Guest

  12. #12

    Rahul,

    Only of you have created spot colour channels will you be able to separate
    into spot colour plates

    LenHewitt Guest