Professional Web Applications Themes

Cocoa Browser Help - Mac Programming

Anybody else here using Hoshi Takanori's Cocoa Browser as a doentation tool. I'm hoping someone can explain why it is not working correctly all of a sudden. When I open a browser window, the first two panes at the top are fine: I get a list of classes, protocols etc. and when I click on say a class name in the list of classes (the second pane at the top), I get a list in the third pane that includes, as it always did, a list of various types of info that should be available in the fourth pane: things ...

  1. #1

    Default Cocoa Browser Help

    Anybody else here using Hoshi Takanori's Cocoa Browser as a
    doentation tool. I'm hoping someone can explain why it is not
    working correctly all of a sudden.

    When I open a browser window, the first two panes at the top are fine:
    I get a list of classes, protocols etc. and when I click on say a class
    name in the list of classes (the second pane at the top), I get a list
    in the third pane that includes, as it always did, a list of various
    types of info that should be available in the fourth pane: things like
    Class At A Glance, Instance Methods, Class Methods, Notifications, etc.
    But, when you click on one of these choices, most of them are not
    giving the appropriate list in the fourth pane. E.g., if you click on
    Instance Methods, no list of instance methods appears in the fourth
    pane. (However, the method description for whatever would be the first
    in the list does appear in the lower pane.) Interestingly, the
    Notifications list works and if you click on Class Description, it will
    offer Programming Topics in the fourth pane. Clicking on Method Types
    gives the list of methods in the lower pane but clicking on any of them
    launches my web browser and brings up the page for the selected class.

    The only thing I have done since I last thought Cocoa Browser was
    working was install Xcode 1.2 leaving me the question, did the Cocoa
    doentation arrangement change with this installation? The
    doentation browser in Xcode is working fine, BTW.

    One last thing I've noted is that the Preferences menu item for Cocoa
    Browser is dimmed although I don't remember if there was a Preferences
    item before. I've thrown away CocoaBrowser.plist in my Preferences
    folder (the only "preferences" file for CB I can find) but that isn't
    making any difference; nor has downloading a clean copy of CB.

    Anyone with any ideas?

    Spence

    --
    James P. Spencer
    Rochester, MN

    "Badges?? We don't need no stinkin badges!"
    James Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Cocoa Browser Help

    James Spencer <net> wrote:

    Yup. Why not use a Cocoa doc browser that is maintained and is working?
    AppKiDo, for example. There are several others. m.

    --
    matt neuburg, phd = com, http://www.tidbits.com/matt/
    AppleScript: The Definitive Guide

  3. #3

    In article <1gcsnx1.1hrn7nnnk5rcwN%com>, matt neuburg
    <com> wrote:

    > Yup. Why not use a Cocoa doc browser that is maintained and is working?
    > AppKiDo, for example. There are several others. m.[/ref]

    Because until two days ago, it was working and because I liked it's
    simple interface.

    Having said that, I have downloaded AppKiDo and I have to admit it's an
    improvement.

    Having said that, AppKiDo has the same problem as Cocoa Browser: the
    method lists are empty. Is yours working and if so, have you installed
    xCode 1.2?

    Spence

  4. #4

    James Spencer <net> wrote:

    Sorry, I missed that part of the question. No, not yet; I'm hanging back
    nervously... :) m.