I have a Cocoa app in which I'm having trouble dragging PDF image reps
from NSImageViews (and other NSView subclasses) into Keynote slides. I
have done all the setup to provide pasteboard types (PDF is entry zero
in the list), and can drag images into TextEdit (and other apps - drag &
drop generally seems to work in my program). However when I drag the
same image into Keynote, the plus sign does not appear and the icon
slides back upon release.

To make things even more confusing, I *am* able to copy the same image
into Keynote using CMD-C to copy then CMD-V to paste in Keynote (uses
the same Objective-C methods).

Any thoughts on what would be causing this? The only application I've
found that does drag to Keynote is Latex Equation Editor, which posts a
NSFilenamesPboardType pasteboard type.

I can post specific code fragments if it might help, but at this point
felt the answer may lie in the generalities of pasteboard handling in
Keynote.

Thanks for any suggestions,

ER