Professional Web Applications Themes

Code folding extension for Dreamweaver? - Macromedia Exchange Dreamweaver Extensions

Hello, does anybody knows a code folding extension for Dreamweaver DW CS4? OK you can select some line and fold them but this is not a big help for me. The folding should fold elements (child parent, ...) and also highlight tag pairs, so you can find some relations much faster in the code. Have a look on this [url]http://www.gieri.de/dwcs4/codefolding.jpg[/url] Any hint? regards switch...

  1. #1

    Default Code folding extension for Dreamweaver?

    Hello,

    does anybody knows a code folding extension for Dreamweaver DW CS4?
    OK you can select some line and fold them but this is not a big help for me.

    The folding should fold elements (child parent, ...) and also highlight tag
    pairs, so you can find some relations much faster in the code.

    Have a look on this [url]http://www.gieri.de/dwcs4/codefolding.jpg[/url]

    Any hint?

    regards

    switch

    8switch8 Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Code folding extension for Dreamweaver?

    Hi switch:
    The coding toolbar has almost (if not all) the options you are asking for:
    - Select Parent Tag: If you click inside some text, if will select both the
    content and the tag sorrounding it. If you click inside a tag, it will
    select both the tag and its parent.
    - Collapse full tag: click inside the contents or the tag itself and it will
    collapsed.
    - Collapse selection: Only the selected code will be collapsed, even if it's
    not a whole line

    For both collapse full tag or collapse selection, keeping the Alt key
    pressed will collapse all the code outside the selection.

    You can enable the coding toolbar from View->Toolbars->Coding

    HTH
    Andres Cayon
    Spain Adobe Dreamweaver User Group
    [url]http://www.dwug.es[/url]
    ----------------------

    "8switch8" <webforumsusermacromedia.com> escribió en el mensaje de noticias
    > Hello,
    >
    > does anybody knows a code folding extension for Dreamweaver DW CS4?
    > OK you can select some line and fold them but this is not a big help for
    > me.
    >
    > The folding should fold elements (child parent, ...) and also highlight
    > tag
    > pairs, so you can find some relations much faster in the code.
    >
    > Have a look on this [url]http://www.gieri.de/dwcs4/codefolding.jpg[/url]
    >
    > Any hint?
    >
    > regards
    >
    > switch

    Andres Cayon Guest

  3. #3

    8switch8 wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > does anybody knows a code folding extension for Dreamweaver DW CS4?
    > OK you can select some line and fold them but this is not a big help for me.
    >
    > The folding should fold elements (child parent, ...) and also highlight tag
    > pairs, so you can find some relations much faster in the code.
    >
    > Have a look on this [url]http://www.gieri.de/dwcs4/codefolding.jpg[/url]
    >
    > Any hint?
    I've not seen such an extension. You do have the ability to select the collapse the current tag. So in your screenshot assuming that your cursor is in the end tag of the second LI, then what you'd collapse would be that LI tag. You can use CTRL+Shift+J to collapse, or Edit -> Code Collapse -> Collapse Full Tag, or click the Collapse Full Tag icon in the Coding toolbar (third icon down on my toolbar)

    Beyond that,you may want to make a feature request as it would be good to have more fine grained control over code collapse:
    [url]http://www.adobe.com/go/wish/[/url]

    --
    Danilo Celic
    | [url]http://blog.extensioneering.com/[/url]
    | WebAssist Extensioneer
    | Adobe Community Expert
    danilocelic AdobeCommunityExpert Guest

  4. #4

    Hello and thanks.

    I just tried you hint with ALT Key and also the CTRL+SHIFT+J.

    I have two displays so on the right display I have open the Codeinspector. The
    curios thing is, in the Codeinspector the Shortcuts doesn?t work for me :(

    When I press ALT and left mouse button I get an Popup Window which shoes my
    CSS rules. No Line was folded :(

    I can only fold a line in the Source code splitscreen with CTRL+SHIFT+J (which
    is a monster key combination for that case)

    ALT + mouse would be nice, but it doesn?t work in the code inspector.

    Any other hint?

    regards

    switch

    8switch8 Guest

  5. #5

    8switch8 wrote:
    > Hello and thanks.
    >
    > I just tried you hint with ALT Key and also the CTRL+SHIFT+J.
    >
    > I have two displays so on the right display I have open the Codeinspector. The
    > curios thing is, in the Codeinspector the Shortcuts doesn?t work for me :(
    >
    > When I press ALT and left mouse button I get an Popup Window which shoes my
    > CSS rules. No Line was folded :(
    >
    > I can only fold a line in the Source code splitscreen with CTRL+SHIFT+J (which
    > is a monster key combination for that case)
    >
    > ALT + mouse would be nice, but it doesn?t work in the code inspector.
    Sorry never use the code inspector, as screens are big enough to work in split view fairly comfortably. Just tired and it does seem that CTRL+Shift+J does work, albeit it works on the selection in the main window, not the one in the code inspector. The code collapse related buttons in the Coding toolbar so seem to work. This seems to be a bug, please report your finding here:
    [url]http://www.adobe.com/go/wish/[/url]

    Also, if you don't like the key board combo, you can change it to something easier to work with: Edit -> Keyboard shortcuts. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem like you can include mouse clicks (left, right, center, or scroll wheel) can be used in the keyboard shortcuts.