Professional Web Applications Themes

Code view & Layout view - Macromedia Dreamweaver

Hello all, I have a problem! I have a .htm doent where I can see the code view, but I can't see anything in the Layout view. Only the tables. The page has a combo of text, flash, and graphics. When I edit the text in code view I can F12 and see everything in the browser, but I still can't see the changes in Layout or design view. I have tried to change the workspace, but still doesn't work. I tried to copy/paste code into new doent and I still can't see the page in layout view. I think ...

  1. #1

    Default Code view & Layout view

    Hello all,

    I have a problem! I have a .htm doent where I can see the code view, but I can't see anything in the Layout view. Only the tables. The page has a combo of text, flash, and graphics.

    When I edit the text in code view I can F12 and see everything in the browser, but I still can't see the changes in Layout or design view.

    I have tried to change the workspace, but still doesn't work. I tried to copy/paste code into new doent and I still can't see the page in layout view. I think I have pretty much exhuasted the possibilites, but to no avail. Please Help! This is driving me nuts.

    Thanks,

    Sam

    SamEl webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Code view & Layout view

    Sam:

    Change from Layout View to Design View - VIEW | Table View > Standard Mode,
    and see if that helps.

    --
    Murray --- ICQ 71997575
    ==================

    "SamEl" <webforumsusermacromedia.com> wrote in message
    > Hello all,
    >
    > I have a problem! I have a .htm doent where I can see the code view,
    but I can't see anything in the Layout view. Only the tables. The page has a
    combo of text, flash, and graphics.

    > When I edit the text in code view I can F12 and see everything in the
    browser, but I still can't see the changes in Layout or design view.

    > I have tried to change the workspace, but still doesn't work. I tried to
    copy/paste code into new doent and I still can't see the page in layout
    view. I think I have pretty much exhuasted the possibilites, but to no
    avail. Please Help! This is driving me nuts.

    > Thanks,
    >
    > Sam

    Murray *TMM* Guest

  3. #3

    Murray,

    That doesn't help. The funny thing is I can see the changes I make in code view in the browser! Huh! Any more suggestions?

  4. #4

    I'm having this same problem and it's driving me crazy!!! The only way
    around it seems to be going into Code View making a small change (or simply
    retyping a word) and then going back to Design View -- but! -- this doesn't
    work on pages based on my templates, cuz the changes don't stick - even in
    the editable areas!

    What's going on? And why can't I find anything on this on Macromedia's
    site?????

    KappaDiva

    > Murray,
    >
    > That doesn't help. The funny thing is I can see the changes I make in code
    view in the browser! Huh! Any more suggestions?

    > Sam

    ---
    Kappa Beta uses AVG. This mail is AVG-certified Virus Free.

    Kappa Diva Guest

  5. #5

    Is the
    [url]http://members.cox.net/helmanan/collocation.htm[/url]
    one of the pages you have trouble showing in design view?

    there's an unclosed html comment- it makes the entire page blank in
    mac/ie5.

    <STYLE TYPE="text/css">
    <!--
    A:link { text-decoration: none }
    A:active { text-decoration: none }
    A:visited { text-decoration: none }
    margin:0;padding:0{ }
    </STYLE>
    </HEAD>

    that may also be the reason you can't create an imagemap or link properly
    inside it maybe??

    Certified Dreamweaver MX Developer

    Alan Ames Guest

  6. #6

    Alan,

    Replying to your first question. No, the collocation page is not one of the pages that I can't see in Design view. I can see it fine. The aboutus.htm page is the one I can't see.

  7. #7

    the about page has bad table syntax. haven't sorted it out- syntax checker
    is pointing to lines 75 and 76