Professional Web Applications Themes

Coldfusion Licensing Question - Macromedia ColdFusion

Hi, What are the client access limit for Coldfusion MX 6/7 Standard and enterprise edition? How does the license control of client access? It is by concurrent user access or something else? Thank you....

  1. #1

    Default Coldfusion Licensing Question

    Hi,

    What are the client access limit for Coldfusion MX 6/7 Standard and
    enterprise edition? How does the license control of client access? It is by
    concurrent user access or something else?

    Thank you.

    Zeitgeist Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Coldfusion Licensing Question

    Zeitgeist wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > What are the client access limit for Coldfusion MX 6/7 Standard and
    > enterprise edition? How does the license control of client access? It is by
    > concurrent user access or something else?
    For the developer edition it's by IP address, but for full licenses of
    Standard and Enterprise, it's sold by server (in the case of Standard)
    or by CPU (in the case of Enterprise). ColdFusion licensing itself does
    not impose any concurrent user limit.

    Matt

    --
    Matt Woodward
    Team Macromedia - ColdFusion

  3. #3

    Thanks for the info.

    Is there a maximum number of user access or it's determined by web
    server user access number?

    For the CF MX 7, does macromedia changed the "Per server (up to 8 CPUs)"
    to "Per CPU" license? Does it mean newer version has license limitation
    of the Server processor?

    Zeitgeist Guest

  4. #4

    Zeitgeist wrote:
    > Thanks for the info.
    >
    > Is there a maximum number of user access or it's determined by web
    > server user access number?
    This would be dictated by the OS, web server, or just your system
    resources. There are no inherent limits in CF.
    > For the CF MX 7, does macromedia changed the "Per server (up to 8 CPUs)"
    > to "Per CPU" license? Does it mean newer version has license limitation
    > of the Server processor?
    My understanding is that a single license of CFMX 7 (either Standard or
    Enterprise) allows you to run CFMX on a single server with up to 2 CPUs.
    [url]http://www.macromedia.com/software/coldfusion/productinfo/product_editions/#s2[/url]

    If you have more detailed questions on licensing you'll probably want to
    call Macromedia directly, because I'm certainly not an expert in that
    area. Based on what I read on the web site I believe it's a 2 CPU license.

    Matt

  5. #5

    Here is the relevent licencing text from their EULA: 1.(d) Definitions:
    'CPU-Based Software' means, if applicable, a Software (including, but not
    limited to, Macromedia Flash Remoting software, Macromedia JRun, Macromedia
    Flex, the Standard Edition of Macromedia ColdFusion software, and the
    Enterprise Edition of Macromedia ColdFusion software) that is not a
    Server-Based Software. 2.(b) Licence Grants If the Software is a (i)
    Commercial Version, (ii) Education Version or (iii) Not For Resale Version, in
    each case, of a CPU-Based Software, this Section 2(b), and not Section 2(a) nor
    Section 2(c), shall apply: Subject to the terms and conditions of this
    Agreement, Macromedia hereby grants, and you accept, the right and license to
    install and use the Software on one or more computers, provided, however, that
    (i) the total number of CPUs from all of the computers in which the Software is
    installed does not exceed the total number of CPU licenses purchased for such
    installation and use, and (ii) with respect to the ColdFusion software only, as
    each license for such Software is on a 2 CPU basis, the total number of
    computers on which such Software is installed and used shall not exceed the
    total number of Software licenses purchased.

    Ayera Tech Guest