Professional Web Applications Themes

Collecting Payment in ASP.Net via PayPal or similar??? - ASP.NET General

Hi all, I have an app that allows users to upload files to my site, and then download them at a later date. Once the files have been safely uploaded, I wish to give them a download code to retrieve them at a later date, but only after they've paid for them via PayPal or similar. I am unable to use the standard BuyNow PayPal button as the Form PostBack method only allows one form per page, and although there is a ASP.Net PayPal control from Component1, I don't think it will do what I want, as maybe my logic ...

  1. #1

    Default Collecting Payment in ASP.Net via PayPal or similar???

    Hi all,

    I have an app that allows users to upload files to my site, and then
    download them at a later date. Once the files have been safely
    uploaded, I wish to give them a download code to retrieve them at a
    later date, but only after they've paid for them via PayPal or
    similar.

    I am unable to use the standard BuyNow PayPal button as the Form
    PostBack method only allows one form per page, and although there is a
    ASP.Net PayPal control from Component1, I don't think it will do what
    I want, as maybe my logic is flawed... :-)

    All I want to to is:

    1) User uploads files
    2) User is sent to PayPal site, pays for upload, and is returned to my
    site
    3) User receives a download code to retrieve his files

    Behind the scenes, I'd be storing the five filenames in a db, along
    with an int identifier which would be the download code, along with
    another identifier on the same row which identifies the upload code. I
    was thinking of sending the upload code along to PayPal as a
    querystring parameter on their PageOK attribute, and then have my page
    query the db based on the upload code and get the download code and
    give it to the user, but that would mean the whole URL and upload code
    would be visible in the page's source, so that's no good.

    Anyone have any ideas? I'm drawing a blank, or maybe I need to
    approach it from another angle... Maybe the user needs to register so
    I can keep track of their downloads... Trying not to do that as I
    don't want to run afoul of any data privacy laws...

    Kind regards,

    Mike K.
    Mike Kingscott Guest

  2. #2

    You can create a hyperlink button which has all the variables as a
    querystring instead of using a form.

    [url]https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_cart&image=http://images.paypal.com/images/x-click-but01.gif&add=1&business=[/url]
    .....etc

    you can create as many links on a page that way. It works exactly like the
    form post method.
    In ASP.NET I to build a string a set the NavigateURL property to set the
    link for each hyperlink.

    "Mike Kingscott" <mikekingscott.f9.co.uk> wrote in message
    news:7d9b584d.0307091448.50beb2eposting.google.co m...
    > Hi all,
    >
    > I have an app that allows users to upload files to my site, and then
    > download them at a later date. Once the files have been safely
    > uploaded, I wish to give them a download code to retrieve them at a
    > later date, but only after they've paid for them via PayPal or
    > similar.
    >
    > I am unable to use the standard BuyNow PayPal button as the Form
    > PostBack method only allows one form per page, and although there is a
    > ASP.Net PayPal control from Component1, I don't think it will do what
    > I want, as maybe my logic is flawed... :-)
    >
    > All I want to to is:
    >
    > 1) User uploads files
    > 2) User is sent to PayPal site, pays for upload, and is returned to my
    > site
    > 3) User receives a download code to retrieve his files
    >
    > Behind the scenes, I'd be storing the five filenames in a db, along
    > with an int identifier which would be the download code, along with
    > another identifier on the same row which identifies the upload code. I
    > was thinking of sending the upload code along to PayPal as a
    > querystring parameter on their PageOK attribute, and then have my page
    > query the db based on the upload code and get the download code and
    > give it to the user, but that would mean the whole URL and upload code
    > would be visible in the page's source, so that's no good.
    >
    > Anyone have any ideas? I'm drawing a blank, or maybe I need to
    > approach it from another angle... Maybe the user needs to register so
    > I can keep track of their downloads... Trying not to do that as I
    > don't want to run afoul of any data privacy laws...
    >
    > Kind regards,
    >
    > Mike K.

    vMike Guest