I have Photoshop 5.5 on Windows XP Pro. I downloaded the ICC profiles
from the Adobe site and installed them in C:\WINDOWS\system32\Color. I
noticed that none of these profiles are not recognized by Photoshop
5.5. All these profiles have an .ICC file extension.

I installed the Mac versions of the same profiles on a Macintosh
computer with the same version of Photoshop and it recognizes the
installed profies - downloaded the same day from the Adobe site.

Does anyone know the reason that the Windows version doesn't recognize
the profiles? Is it because version 5.5 wasn't designed for XP?

TIA