Professional Web Applications Themes

Colors too bright on export to PDF or JPG - Adobe Illustrator Windows

Working with CS, I've tried exporting my files to PDF and JPG. Each time, the colors come out too bright. They display and print brighter than the original. I had the same problem with Illustrator 10. Has anyone else dealt with this issue?...

  1. #1

    Default Colors too bright on export to PDF or JPG

    BobJones@adobeforums.com Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Colors too bright on export to PDF or JPG

    I calibrated my monitor to be as accurate as possible.

    I believe that the colors you are seeing on your monitor are not accurate.

    Does your printer have a print out of basic Pantone CMYK colours to compare with on screen? When I calibrated I tried to match my colours to my printer which is also calibrated to being as close the professional output as possible.

    There's a separate forum on color management. I am no expert. Mine was just trial and error.
    Karen_C@adobeforums.com Guest

  3. #3

    Bob,

    To make sure both applications are using the same colour management
    settings, in Photoshop's Edit>Colour Settings d/box SAVE your colour
    settings to a colour settings file (.CSF)

    In Illustrator's Edit>Colour Settings d/box, LOAD the .CSF you just saved.
    Now you can be certain both apps are using identical settings.

    (The same CSF can also be used in Indesign and Acrobat)

    LenHewitt@adobeforums.com Guest

  4. #4

    As I explained, the colors on the exported JPG and PDF files both DISPLAY and PRINT brighter than the original Illustrator file.

    Has ANYONE dealt with this issue?
    BobJones@adobeforums.com Guest

  5. #5

    Hi Bob,

    When you say that your JPG and PDF files both display and print brighter than the original Illustrator file, what application(s) are you using to display these JPG and PDF files, and what application are you printing them from?

    Lance
    Lance_K@adobeforums.com Guest

  6. #6

    Well, to clarify, I'm starting with an Illustrator file that consists of a booklet, with linked eps files as graphics. When I take those Illustrator files to Kinko's, they print out just fine.

    However, I've been advised that it would be easier for the printer if I provided a PDF or JPG. So, I saved my Illustrator file to both formats.

    I display the PDF in Acrobat, the JPG with an image viewer. In each case, the colors display brighter than in the Illustrator file. I printed the PDF at Kinko's, and the colors were again too bright.

    I'm going to examine my eps files in Photoshop. Are there any settings I should look for that may be causing the color shift when I output to JPG or PDF?
    BobJones@adobeforums.com Guest