Professional Web Applications Themes

Colour lost when creating a PDF from a FrameMaker doc that has an imported (colour) PDF inside it - Adobe Acrobat Windows

Hi, With Acrobat I create a PDF from PowerPoint in glorious technicolour. There are no problems with the PDF. Then I import one page from this PDF into my FrameMaker doent (Import by reference). On screen, the page with the inserted PDF still has colour. Now I create a PDF from FrameMaker. At this stage the colour from the imported PDF is lost (although there are no problems with the colour from the rest of the doent). Why is this? I tried saving the original PDF as EPS and importing that into FrameMaker, but the final result is the same...no ...

  1. #1

    Default Colour lost when creating a PDF from a FrameMaker doc that has an imported (colour) PDF inside it

    Hi,

    With Acrobat I create a PDF from PowerPoint in glorious technicolour. There
    are no problems with the PDF.

    Then I import one page from this PDF into my FrameMaker doent (Import by
    reference). On screen, the page with the inserted PDF still has colour.

    Now I create a PDF from FrameMaker. At this stage the colour from the
    imported PDF is lost (although there are no problems with the colour from
    the rest of the doent). Why is this?

    I tried saving the original PDF as EPS and importing that into FrameMaker,
    but the final result is the same...no colour from the imported object.

    When creating the PDFs I am not using any colour management, although this
    has never given me any problems before. What am I doing wrong?

    Thanks,

    Adrian

    adrian_morse@adobeforums.com Guest

  2. #2

    Which version of Fraemmaker?
    Which version of Acrobat, which version of PPT?
    Which OS?
    how do you create the pdf from Frame (include options you select in the dialog boxes)

    have you tried asking in the frame forum and checking any FAQs in that forum?
    de_Siem@adobeforums.com Guest

  3. #3

    Hi,

    Thanks for your reply. These are my sw versions:

    FrameMaker v 6
    PPT XP SP2
    W2K

    I create the PDF from Frame by printing to a PS file using the Distiller
    printer instance and then distilling it to PDF using Acrobat Distiller.

    When printing the PS file I choose color, but in the Advanced printer
    properties, Image color management is disabled for the printer instance.

    When distilling to PS, in the Color tab of the job options file the settings
    are as follows:
    Settings file: none
    Color Management policy: leave unchanged

    As I said before, I have never had any problems making PDFs with colour
    before and even in this PDF colour elsewhere in the FrameMaker file comes
    out correctly...the problem is specifically with imported PDFs.

    I've posted to both the Acrobat and the Frame forum.

    If there is any more info that could be of help, please tell me.

    Thanks a lot.

    Adrian

  4. #4

    Does it make a difference if you not import by reference, but select the other option erm import copy? (can't quite remember what's it called)

    anyhow check this link:
    <http://www.adobe.com/support/techdocs/28f16.htm>
    de_Siem@adobeforums.com Guest

  5. #5

    Even importing by copy doesn't work...but the advice in the link you
    included does! (I just had to tweak the FrameMaker initialisation file.)

  6. #6

    nice. Make sure to let the Frame people know you found a solution.
    :)
    de_Siem@adobeforums.com Guest