Professional Web Applications Themes

comments welcome - Macromedia Flash Sitedesign

I am working on a portfolio, and the site is still in heavy development, but I would appreciate to get already some critics, guidelines about design, navigation, etc. the site: [L=http://bb.domaindlx.com/bertje/portfolio/]http://bb.domaindlx.com/bertje/port folio/[/L]...

  1. #1

    Default comments welcome

    I am working on a portfolio, and the site is still in heavy development, but I
    would appreciate to get already some critics, guidelines about design,
    navigation, etc.

    the site:
    [L=http://bb.domaindlx.com/bertje/portfolio/]http://bb.domaindlx.com/bertje/port
    folio/[/L]

    behived Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: comments welcome

    I like the animation with the center dot expanding outward. That is very cool.
    The navigation is a little uninstinctual. It took me a bit of clicking to
    realize what I was supposed to click. If you are bringing the screen up on top
    of the navigation bar, it will make it very difficult for people to navigate,
    you might consider moving your navigation bar above or below the little
    transparent screen. The web portfolios move way too fast, I got nautious
    looking at them, which will detour some people. Hope this helps.
    Luna

    ladyluna Guest

  3. #3

    thanks for your comments,

    eventually ever dot will get clickable, maybe it will be more clearer then...

    The movements of the pictures slow down when you roll over with your mouse,
    but indeed it's not a bad idea to put a speed limit to that one

    Did you figure out the screen is draggable? maybe that solves already a bit of
    the problem + you can close the screen by clicking on the upper right dot...
    But on the other hand, when I have to explain all this, i really must
    consider alternatives that will be more clearer

    anyhow thanks for the advice!!

    behived Guest

  4. #4

    interesting!

    the secondary layout is remarkably similar to the logo in "Dark Reign" by Activision(designed by Blur)

    could use more content :-)
    abeall Guest

  5. #5

    Don't know the logo you talk about but, in fact the two shapes are crop
    circles...
    So "Blur" has his inspirations too :-)))

    About the content: i am working on it very hard, but I wanted to have some
    feedback BEFORE i added everything, so now it's less time consuming to start
    all over....

    behived Guest

  6. #6

    [q]Originally posted by: behived
    Don't know the logo you talk about but, in fact the two shapes are crop
    circles...
    So "Blur" has his inspirations too :-)))[/q]
    yes, I was just noticing, not saying you copied it. :-)

    abeall Guest

  7. #7

    Hey

    This is a new website that was developed by the alienworkers team.
    http://www.sidloe.com

    Any comments about the design and conception will be welcome.

    thx
    amal
    purple_am Guest

  8. #8

    Hmm, interesting.

    Sleak lots of nice photography or 3d models or a mix of both.

    I like the way you can preview the clothes and change the colour ways.

    The about us/chair section seems very much detached from the rest of the site.

    The biggest con that I want to highlight is background music that plays.
    Firstly the on/off are to small and tucked away, in fact the on is cut in half.
    The second point is that the mp3 that is your background music is so HUGE! 12.3
    MB!!!!

    That's surely a record, I've seen some heavy sites/files but that takes the
    biscuit.

    And if I click the off button to stop it playing, it carries on downloading.

    Not only is this a waist of my bandwidth (your user/customer/visitor/potential
    client) it's a waist of your bandwidth, I'd love you see you bill for the first
    months hosting.

    Geez! [pun intended]

    The weight of the rest of the site is pretty bad, but liveable with, the
    visual pay off is good enough, but that sound track is just too much.

    Just one guys thoughts.

    Jolyon

    jolyon_russ Guest

  9. #9

    Hi Jolyon,

    Thanks for commenting.

    The reason the sound file is 12.3 MB is because due a compression problem am
    having. The sound is compressed at 128 Kbps. If i compress less than that i
    get some problems during streaming. I dont know why. Its bizarre.

    And concerning the off button.

    My script is

    mysound.Stop();

    i guest it should have stopped, downloading.Any idea whats wrong.

    Thx

    purple_am Guest

  10. #10

    When I see "Please change your screen resolution" I go elsewhere

    cpmac

    "purple_am" <com> a écrit dans le message de news:
    ctvp4r$2cj$macromedia.com...

    Colin Guest