Professional Web Applications Themes

compile php 4.3.3 with gd - PHP Development

I tried to compile php 4.3.3 with gd but it doesn't work, it wasnt show in phpinfo(). My system is redhat 9 and apache 2.0.47 webserver....

Sponsored Links
  1. #1

    Default compile php 4.3.3 with gd

    I tried to compile php 4.3.3 with gd but it doesn't work, it wasnt show
    in phpinfo(). My system is redhat 9 and apache 2.0.47 webserver.

    Sponsored Links
    kecebong Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: compile php 4.3.3 with gd

    kecebong wrote:
    > I tried to compile php 4.3.3 with gd but it doesn't work, it wasnt show
    > in phpinfo(). My system is redhat 9 and apache 2.0.47 webserver.
    >
    From PHP 4.3.0 GD2 is built in and I believe on by default so try
    compiling without worrying about GD and it may not show up but try to
    use functions and they will probably work.

    --
    John Downey
    [url]http://delusive.dyn.ee[/url]
    [url]http://sage.dev.box.sk[/url]
    [url]http://blacksun.box.sk[/url]

    John Downey Guest

  3. #3

    Default Re: compile php 4.3.3 with gd

    John Downey wrote:
    > kecebong wrote:
    >
    >> I tried to compile php 4.3.3 with gd but it doesn't work, it wasnt
    >> show in phpinfo(). My system is redhat 9 and apache 2.0.47 webserver.
    >>
    > From PHP 4.3.0 GD2 is built in and I believe on by default so try
    > compiling without worrying about GD and it may not show up but try to
    > use functions and they will probably work.
    >
    it still does not work, I used gd_info() function and nothing came up.
    and then I tried to change my php.ini (overwrite it)and now there's an
    error message, how can I restore my php.ini?

    kecebong Guest

  4. #4

    Default Re: compile php 4.3.3 with gd

    kecebong wrote:
    > it still does not work, I used gd_info() function and nothing came up.
    > and then I tried to change my php.ini (overwrite it)and now there's an
    > error message, how can I restore my php.ini?
    >
    PHP has its php.ini-dist and php.ini-recommended in the folder you
    uncompressed it to. As for the compilation try configuring using
    --with-gd2 and don't specify a path that should use the bundled version.

    --
    John Downey
    [url]http://delusive.dyn.ee[/url]
    [url]http://sage.dev.box.sk[/url]
    [url]http://blacksun.box.sk[/url]

    John Downey Guest

  5. #5

    Default Re: compile php 4.3.3 with gd


    "kecebong" <cebongplungky.com> wrote in message
    news:avsmb.34216$Rd4.18244fed1read07...
    > I tried to compile php 4.3.3 with gd but it doesn't work, it wasnt show
    > in phpinfo(). My system is redhat 9 and apache 2.0.47 webserver.
    >
    What are your "configure" arguements?

    I have PHP configured on Apache 1.3.28 - When I compiled PHP I used the
    following:

    ../configure --with-mysql \
    --with-apache=$src/apache \
    --with-mcrypt \
    --with-jpeg-dir \
    --enable-exif \
    --with-zlib-dir \
    --with-gd \
    --with-ttf \
    --enable-gd-native-ttf \
    --with-freetype-dir \
    --with-mime-magic \
    --disable-session \
    --disable-cgi



    Randell D. Guest

  6. #6

    Default Re: compile php 4.3.3 with gd

    Randell D. wrote:
    > "kecebong" <cebongplungky.com> wrote in message
    > news:avsmb.34216$Rd4.18244fed1read07...
    >
    >>I tried to compile php 4.3.3 with gd but it doesn't work, it wasnt show
    >>in phpinfo(). My system is redhat 9 and apache 2.0.47 webserver.
    >>
    >
    >
    > What are your "configure" arguements?
    >
    > I have PHP configured on Apache 1.3.28 - When I compiled PHP I used the
    > following:
    >
    > ./configure --with-mysql \
    > --with-apache=$src/apache \
    > --with-mcrypt \
    > --with-jpeg-dir \
    > --enable-exif \
    > --with-zlib-dir \
    > --with-gd \
    > --with-ttf \
    > --enable-gd-native-ttf \
    > --with-freetype-dir \
    > --with-mime-magic \
    > --disable-session \
    > --disable-cgi
    >
    >
    >
    >

    ../configure --with-gd2 --with-zlib-dir --with-openssl --disable-cli
    --with-apxs2=/usr/local/apache2/bin/apxs --with-jpeg-dir --with-ttf
    --enable-gd2-native-ttf --disable-cgi
    I followed some of your configuration, but it still doesnt show any
    graphics, I wonder what I did wrong?

    I use this script as to display graphic

    <?php
    // set up image
    $height = 200;
    $width = 200;
    $im = ImageCreate($width, $height);
    $white = ImageColorAllocate ($im, 255, 255, 255);
    $black = ImageColorAllocate ($im, 0, 0, 0);


    // draw on image
    ImageFill($im, 0, 0, $black);
    ImageLine($im, 0, 0, $width, $height, $white);
    ImageString($im, 4, 50, 150, 'Sales', $white);


    // output image
    Header ('Content-type: image/png');
    ImagePng ($im);


    // clean up
    ImageDestroy($im);
    ?>

    and also
    > <?php
    > var_dump(gd_info());
    > ?>
    to get information about my gd setup. but it displayed just blank white
    page.

    kecebong Guest

  7. #7

    Default Re: compile php 4.3.3 with gd

    John Downey wrote:
    > kecebong wrote:
    >
    >> it still does not work, I used gd_info() function and nothing came up.
    >> and then I tried to change my php.ini (overwrite it)and now there's an
    >> error message, how can I restore my php.ini?
    >>
    > PHP has its php.ini-dist and php.ini-recommended in the folder you
    > uncompressed it to. As for the compilation try configuring using
    > --with-gd2 and don't specify a path that should use the bundled version.
    >
    thanks for the info how to restoring php.ini, it works.

    kecebong Guest

  8. #8

    Default Re: compile php 4.3.3 with gd

    kecebong wrote:
    > Randell D. wrote:
    >
    >> "kecebong" <cebongplungky.com> wrote in message
    >> news:avsmb.34216$Rd4.18244fed1read07...
    >>
    >>> I tried to compile php 4.3.3 with gd but it doesn't work, it wasnt show
    >>> in phpinfo(). My system is redhat 9 and apache 2.0.47 webserver.
    >>>
    >>
    >>
    >> What are your "configure" arguements?
    >>
    >> I have PHP configured on Apache 1.3.28 - When I compiled PHP I used the
    >> following:
    >>
    >> ./configure --with-mysql \
    >> --with-apache=$src/apache \
    >> --with-mcrypt \
    >> --with-jpeg-dir \
    >> --enable-exif \
    >> --with-zlib-dir \
    >> --with-gd \
    >> --with-ttf \
    >> --enable-gd-native-ttf \
    >> --with-freetype-dir \
    >> --with-mime-magic \
    >> --disable-session \
    >> --disable-cgi
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >
    >
    > ./configure --with-gd2 --with-zlib-dir --with-openssl --disable-cli
    > --with-apxs2=/usr/local/apache2/bin/apxs --with-jpeg-dir --with-ttf
    > --enable-gd2-native-ttf --disable-cgi
    > I followed some of your configuration, but it still doesnt show any
    > graphics, I wonder what I did wrong?
    >
    > I use this script as to display graphic
    >
    > <?php
    > // set up image
    > $height = 200;
    > $width = 200;
    > $im = ImageCreate($width, $height);
    > $white = ImageColorAllocate ($im, 255, 255, 255);
    > $black = ImageColorAllocate ($im, 0, 0, 0);
    >
    >
    > // draw on image
    > ImageFill($im, 0, 0, $black);
    > ImageLine($im, 0, 0, $width, $height, $white);
    > ImageString($im, 4, 50, 150, 'Sales', $white);
    >
    >
    > // output image
    > Header ('Content-type: image/png');
    > ImagePng ($im);
    >
    >
    > // clean up
    > ImageDestroy($im);
    > ?>
    >
    > and also
    >
    >> <?php
    >> var_dump(gd_info());
    >> ?>
    >
    >
    > to get information about my gd setup. but it displayed just blank white
    > page.
    >
    well I finally got gd enabled by doing $ make clean and $ rm
    config.cache before $ ./configure new param. Thanks for all of the
    response. I got my answer from:
    [url]http://www.php.net/manual/en/install.linux.php[/url]


    kecebong Guest

Similar Threads

  1. e4x and (&&) won't compile
    By maxrahder in forum Macromedia Flex General Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: April 14th, 06:22 PM
  2. how to compile a VC++ 6.0 ATL project in .net
    By amit bharadwaj in forum ASP.NET Building Controls
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: August 11th, 05:27 AM
  3. compile to CGI
    By Owen Cook in forum PERL Beginners
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: December 25th, 06:06 PM
  4. Compile help...
    By Scott V Nipp in forum PERL Beginners
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: December 4th, 03:40 PM
  5. lftp - how to compile it with ssl?
    By Michael Heiming in forum Linux Setup, Configuration & Administration
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: August 3rd, 01:11 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139