Professional Web Applications Themes

Complex: Cell Renderer Read Error - Macromedia Flash Data Integration

This one is for you expert flashers out there. I am on the very last portion of building my admin CMS all flash but I have run into a bit of a problem. I am trying to use a Datagrid to display my records in 4 columns (2 columns are checkboxes and two columns are Text Records). The 2 columns of checkboxes use the cell renderer technique described in Phillip Kermans article [url]http://www.macromedia.com/devnet/mx/flash/articles/v2_component_migration_print[/url]. html I am populating the checkboxes with the results from my XML Connector binded to my DataSet. If I want users to edit their selection, I have ...

  1. #1

    Default Complex: Cell Renderer Read Error

    This one is for you expert flashers out there. I am on the very last portion
    of building my admin CMS all flash but I have run into a bit of a problem. I
    am trying to use a Datagrid to display my records in 4 columns (2 columns are
    checkboxes and two columns are Text Records). The 2 columns of checkboxes use
    the cell renderer technique described in Phillip Kermans article
    [url]http://www.macromedia.com/devnet/mx/flash/articles/v2_component_migration_print[/url].
    html

    I am populating the checkboxes with the results from my XML Connector binded
    to my DataSet. If I want users to edit their selection, I have a script that
    compares values in the DataSet with values in a separate Dataset and when true,
    make the checkbox true. The problem comes when I try to edit a Dataset's
    entries. (DataSet is set to false for readOnly Property) I run a loop to do the
    comparison and then I trace all entries which are true and get get the required
    response. If I poll the dataset anywhere on this scene to look at the values,
    they are correct, but when I go to the cell Renderer and look at the values,
    all of the values are false, I try to print the dataset and the cell renderers
    vision of the dataset and they show 2 different responses.

    Whew, this is a lot, if you think you can help, email me and I'll let you view
    the file, it just requires a username and password and some navigation so I'll
    need to assist with any help anyone can provide. Thanks

    conquerors04 Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Complex: Cell Renderer Read Error

    More Information and followup to this problem....

    On my cell Renderer I am tracing the value of my Object parameters inside the
    setValue() function. I thought that these answers should match up with what I
    trace in the original movie but they are not, hence the source of my problem.
    I am trying to trace Boolean Values of two columns. I need to write some code:

    Code inside the Cell Renderer's setValue function():

    function setValue(suggested:String, tagID:Object, state:String):Void {
    checkBox._visible = (tagID != undefined);
    if(getCellIndex().columnIndex == 0) {
    checkBox.selected = tagID.eMarkedToSend;
    trace('Row: '+getCellIndex().itemIndex+'| TagID eID: '+tagID.eID+', eTitle:
    '+tagID.eTitle+', eFPS: '+tagID.eFPS+', Marked: '+tagID.eMarkedToSend+',
    Default: '+tagID.eDefault+', Timestamp: '+tagID.eSEntry+', EventID:
    '+tagID.eventID);
    } else if(getCellIndex().columnIndex == 1) {
    checkBox.selected = tagID.eDefault;
    }
    }
    //Now on trace everything is corect accept the eMarkedToSend Column which
    keeps showing all false instead of what the array on the movie is providing.
    //I am assigning the cell Renderer per Column using a DataGridColumn class in
    the main movie

    //Code from Main Movie Assigning Cell Renderer
    for (i=0; i<edits.length; ++i) {
    addColumnAt(i, new DataGridColumn(edits[i][0]));
    getColumnAt(i).width = edits[i][1];
    getColumnAt(i).resizable = false;
    getColumnAt(i).sortable = false;
    if (i<2) {
    getColumnAt(i).cellRenderer = "CheckBoxRenderer";
    } else {
    }
    }
    //Any Ideas?