Professional Web Applications Themes

CONCERT PHOTOGRAPHY- HELP!!!!!! - Photography

Hi, I'm going to a Mariah Carey concert at the Manchester Arena in November and I've read that they don't allow cameras- I am actually training to be a Journalist (in my 3rd year of a degree) and have an NUJ press card- How could I get them to allow me to take photos at the concert? Help!!! I have amazing tickets and would love to take up the opportunity to take amazing photos! Vikkie...

  1. #1

    Default CONCERT PHOTOGRAPHY- HELP!!!!!!

    Hi,

    I'm going to a Mariah Carey concert at the Manchester Arena in November and
    I've read that they don't allow cameras-

    I am actually training to be a Journalist (in my 3rd year of a degree) and
    have an NUJ press card- How could I get them to allow me to take photos at
    the concert?

    Help!!! I have amazing tickets and would love to take up the opportunity to
    take amazing photos!

    Vikkie

    Vikkie Richmond Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: CONCERT PHOTOGRAPHY- HELP!!!!!!

    I have been to see Michael Jackson, Janet Jackson, Prince and Madonna, and
    all the tickets said no cameras. Every time I have taken a camera ! And I
    have yet to see anyone refused admission for having a camera.

    Take a couple of throwaway cameras and enjoy yourself.

    Adam

    "Vikkie Richmond" <vikkie.richmondntlworld.com> wrote in message

    > Hi,
    >
    > I'm going to a Mariah Carey concert at the Manchester Arena in November
    and
    > I've read that they don't allow cameras-
    >
    > I am actually training to be a Journalist (in my 3rd year of a degree) and
    > have an NUJ press card- How could I get them to allow me to take photos at
    > the concert?
    >
    > Help!!! I have amazing tickets and would love to take up the opportunity
    > take amazing photos!
    >
    > Vikkie

    adam bootle Guest

  3. #3

    Vikkie Richmond said:
    >I'm going to a Mariah Carey concert
    You have my sympathy. Don't forget to take the earplugs. ;-)

    Adam Bootle said:
    >I have been to see Michael Jackson, Janet Jackson, Prince and Madonna, and
    >all the tickets said no cameras. Every time I have taken a camera ! And I
    >have yet to see anyone refused admission for having a camera.
    On the other hand I went to see Pallas (probably 15-20 years ago) and
    saw bouncers wade into the crowd and forcibly confiscate the film from
    cameras that were being used.
    >Take a couple of throwaway cameras and enjoy yourself.
    That may be a good idea - at least if they do get confiscated or you
    aren't allowed in with them, it won't be a major trauma. Of course
    you need to be really close to the stage to get any decent shots
    without a zoom lens...

    Gareth

    --
    Gareth Kitchener
    Bedfordshire, England

  4. #4

    I don't know if you'd have much luck with this, but you could try to
    contact her agent, explain your situation, indicate that you will not
    use the photos for commercial purposes, and even offer to give them
    complementary copies of your better ones. It wouldn't hurt to ask.

    On Tue, 2 Sep 2003 13:42:59 +0100, "Vikkie Richmond"
    <vikkie.richmondntlworld.com> wrote:

    >Hi,
    >
    >I'm going to a Mariah Carey concert at the Manchester Arena in November and
    >I've read that they don't allow cameras-
    >
    >I am actually training to be a Journalist (in my 3rd year of a degree) and
    >have an NUJ press card- How could I get them to allow me to take photos at
    >the concert?
    >
    >Help!!! I have amazing tickets and would love to take up the opportunity to
    >take amazing photos!
    >
    >Vikkie

    Mark Bergner Guest

  5. #5

    I've worked both sides of this before as a photog and as an employee
    of several different groups. You need to contact her management
    company and request passes. Some will let you some will not. If they
    do, usually you are given a backstage pass and allowed to shoot from
    inside the barrier below the stage, but usually only during the first
    1 or 2 songs ( they do not want pictures of her all sweaty floating
    around, very unattractive). To get the name and number of her
    management, just check her latest cd's liner notes. Good luck.
    Bruce
    redearth87571 Guest

  6. #6

    On 10 Sep 2003 21:10:50 -0700, [email]redearth87571msn.com[/email] (redearth87571)
    wrote:
    >I've worked both sides of this before as a photog and as an employee
    >of several different groups. You need to contact her management
    >company and request passes. Some will let you some will not. If they
    >do, usually you are given a backstage pass and allowed to shoot from
    >inside the barrier below the stage, but usually only during the first
    >1 or 2 songs ( they do not want pictures of her all sweaty floating
    >around, very unattractive). To get the name and number of her
    >management, just check her latest cd's liner notes. Good luck.
    >Bruce
    If you have a large zoom (at least 2.8) consider sneaking it in and
    shooting from about 50-80 feet in front of the stage. I've done this
    several times with great results.

    Duct tape the camera body to your abdomen. The lenses to your ankles.
    Hard drive or battery pack on your belt. Memory in your shirt pocket.
    Sometimes I take my flash and put it in my crotch.

    I'm thin but have never even been questioned much less stopped so I
    guess I conceal my equipment pretty well.

    Just keep a very low profile and don't use the flash.

    Have fun.
    me@my.com Guest