I'm a bit brain dead and need help in connecting a G4 TiBook with
Airport card running only Os 9.2 to a wireless LAN for ADSL internet
sharing. From past experience with a 56k Airport LAN, I could configure
a rogue Os9 machine to simply connect to the net by launching any
internet client. But now the base station is a Netgear DG824M and this
option - to connect automatically when starting TCP/IP applications -
doesn't appear to be available any more.

In trying to get the Os9.2 machine to hook up, I have launched and
started Airport and although it (sometimes) sees the LAN, it seems to
be forever trying to get the status and that's as far as I get. Could
someone please put me straight? TIA.

Stan