Professional Web Applications Themes

Connection Key - Macromedia Contribute Connection Administrtion

I have been using Contribute 2 to update my website. Every so often I get "locked out" of a page- it says I (as a user) cannot update a page- contact the administrator. So, the administrator resets and it is ok. Last week, I was "locked out" of the home page. Administrator is unable to reset it. We have done the following: We changed it so that I am the administrator, but that did not work We tried to import a new connection key, that did not work Now I removed the website from my contribute software and tried to ...

  1. #1

    Default Connection Key

    I have been using Contribute 2 to update my website.

    Every so often I get "locked out" of a page- it says I (as a user) cannot
    update a page- contact the administrator. So, the administrator resets and it
    is ok.

    Last week, I was "locked out" of the home page. Administrator is unable to
    reset it.

    We have done the following:
    We changed it so that I am the administrator, but that did not work
    We tried to import a new connection key, that did not work
    Now I removed the website from my contribute software and tried to reestablish
    the connection. This gives me the following error:
    "this website is being administered with a newer version of contribute.
    Contact this website's administrator". I cannot figure out how to get past
    this!

    Anyone available to help?

    swarthmore website 1 Guest

  2. #2

    I keep getting the following prompt when I try to get access with a connection
    key. I have tried many keys and get the same thing. Any ideas as to what to try
    next?

    Contribute

    X Your role in this website is no longer valid. Please obtain a new
    connection key file from this website's administrator."

    andrewgriswold Guest

  3. #3

    Default Re: Connection Key

    I too am seeing this message on a client's computer I sent the connection key to.

    I would really like to know if anyone has any ideas.
    stuup Guest

  4. #4

    Each time a user tries to edit a DW website via contribute they need to remove
    the existing connection and set up a new one using the connection key before
    they can connect to the site. I have recreated the connection settings in DW
    and sent out the new key but the connection is still lost when the user closes
    contribute. I've also tried setting up the connection manually but the result
    is the same.
    Any ideas anyone?

    wilsation Guest

  5. #5

    I'm a longtime Dreamweaver user and just installed Contribute CS4.

    As a website designer / developer some of my clients want to do minor edits to
    the websites I build them. I'm running a test to see what they must do, so I
    setup a beta site on my server.

    I created a "connection key" and sent it to a test client. She got it, but
    when she double-clicks it, Vista says "what program opens this file?"

    I have Contribute on my machine. Does the client need it too?? Sounds like a
    dumb question, but I don't see anything in doention that covers this.

    Thanks,

    John

    riodelwad Guest

  7. #7

    Contribute is a client side program. It needs to be installed on your computer
    and your clients computer. Communication with the webserver is done with FTP.
    When your client installs Contribute, the program will run when she double
    clicks the key.

    ThinkInk Guest

  8. #8

    Thanks for the reply

    john
    riodelwad Guest

  9. #9

    Yes, Contribute needs to be installed in the client machine to connect to the
    site using the connection key. To get more clarity on Connection key please
    have a look on
    [url]http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/viewContent.do?externalId=tn_16646[/url]

    Dominic Michael Guest