Current Activity-->Process Info in Enterprise Manager. If you see a lot. Double-clicking on each activity will tell you the last command that was run. If you see a lot of activities with the same command listed, search your code for references to that command. If this is the case, Most likely, you are forgetting to close the connection somewhere. "Swanand Mokashi" wrote in message news:u$0gYIUVDHA.2224@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...[quote] > Are you using the same user name and password to connect to SQL Server (I > assume) , everytime you connect ? > If not you are NOT using the advantages of connection pooling. > -- > Swanand Mokashi > Microsoft Certified Professional > [url]http://www.swanandmokashi.com/[/url] > Home of the Stock Quotes, Quote of the day and Horoscope web services > "Trevor Hartman" wrote in message > news:O1mATEUVDHA.2192@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...[quote] > > Hi, > > > > Every now and then (once a week maybe), I get this error on my page[/quote][/quote] saying[quote][quote] > > Timeout Expired. The timeout period elapsed prior to obtaining a[/quote] > connection[quote] > > from the pool. This may have occurred because all pooled connections[/quote][/quote] were[quote][quote] > > in use and max pool size was reached. I don't know anything about > > connection pooling, but could someone give me a suggestion on how to[/quote][/quote] take[quote][quote] > > care of this? It usually goes away by itself eventually, or I just[/quote] > restart[quote] > > IIS. > > > > Thanks - Trevor > > > >[/quote] > >[/quote] [allowsmilie] => 1 [showsignature] => 0 [ipaddress] => [iconid] => 0 [visible] => 1 [attach] => 0 [infraction] => 0 [reportthreadid] => 0 [isusenetpost] => 1 [msgid] => [ref] => [htmlstate] => on_nl2br [postusername] => Mark Heimonen [ip] => markh@adiaim.co [isdeleted] => 0 [usergroupid] => [membergroupids] => [displaygroupid] => [password] => [passworddate] => [email] => [styleid] => [parentemail] => [homepage] => [icq] => [aim] => [yahoo] => [msn] => [skype] => [showvbcode] => [showbirthday] => [usertitle] => [customtitle] => [joindate] => [daysprune] => [lastvisit] => [lastactivity] => [lastpost] => [lastpostid] => [posts] => [reputation] => [reputationlevelid] => [timezoneoffset] => [pmpopup] => [avatarid] => [avatarrevision] => [profilepicrevision] => [sigpicrevision] => [options] => [akvbghsfs_optionsfield] => [birthday] => [birthday_search] => [maxposts] => [startofweek] => [referrerid] => [languageid] => [emailstamp] => [threadedmode] => [autosubscribe] => [pmtotal] => [pmunread] => [salt] => [ipoints] => [infractions] => [warnings] => [infractiongroupids] => [infractiongroupid] => [adminoptions] => [profilevisits] => [friendcount] => [friendreqcount] => [vmunreadcount] => [vmmoderatedcount] => [socgroupinvitecount] => [socgroupreqcount] => [pcunreadcount] => [pcmoderatedcount] => [gmmoderatedcount] => [assetposthash] => [fbuserid] => [fbjoindate] => [fbname] => [logintype] => [fbaccesstoken] => [newrepcount] => [vbseo_likes_in] => [vbseo_likes_out] => [vbseo_likes_unread] => [temp] => [field1] => [field2] => [field3] => [field4] => [field5] => [subfolders] => [pmfolders] => [buddylist] => [ignorelist] => [signature] => [searchprefs] => [rank] => [icontitle] => [iconpath] => [avatarpath] => [hascustomavatar] => 0 [avatardateline] => [avwidth] => [avheight] => [edit_userid] => [edit_username] => [edit_dateline] => [edit_reason] => [hashistory] => [pagetext_html] => [hasimages] => [signatureparsed] => [sighasimages] => [sigpic] => [sigpicdateline] => [sigpicwidth] => [sigpicheight] => [postcount] => 3 [islastshown] => [isfirstshown] => [attachments] => [allattachments] => ) --> Connection Pooling - Coldfusion Server Administration

Connection Pooling - Coldfusion Server Administration

Hi, Every now and then (once a week maybe), I get this error on my page saying Timeout Expired. The timeout period elapsed prior to obtaining a connection from the pool. This may have occurred because all pooled connections were in use and max pool size was reached. I don't know anything about connection pooling, but could someone give me a suggestion on how to take care of this? It usually goes away by itself eventually, or I just restart IIS. Thanks - Trevor...

  1. #1

    Default connection pooling

    Hi,

    Every now and then (once a week maybe), I get this error on my page saying
    Timeout Expired. The timeout period elapsed prior to obtaining a connection
    from the pool. This may have occurred because all pooled connections were
    in use and max pool size was reached. I don't know anything about
    connection pooling, but could someone give me a suggestion on how to take
    care of this? It usually goes away by itself eventually, or I just restart
    IIS.

    Thanks - Trevor

    Trevor Hartman Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: connection pooling

    --
    "Trevor Hartman" <synapseehotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > Every now and then (once a week maybe), I get this error on my page saying
    > Timeout Expired. The timeout period elapsed prior to obtaining a
    connection
    > from the pool. This may have occurred because all pooled connections were
    > in use and max pool size was reached. I don't know anything about
    > connection pooling, but could someone give me a suggestion on how to take
    > care of this? It usually goes away by itself eventually, or I just
    restart
    > IIS.
    >
    > Thanks - Trevor

    Swanand Mokashi Guest

  3. #3

    You can receive this error if you forget to close your database connections
    when you are done with them. Take a look at Management-->Current

    "Swanand Mokashi" <swanandswanandmokashi.com> wrote in message
    > Are you using the same user name and password to connect to SQL Server (I
    > assume) , everytime you connect ?
    > If not you are NOT using the advantages of connection pooling.
    > --
    > Swanand Mokashi
    > Microsoft Certified Professional
    > [url]http://www.swanandmokashi.com/[/url]
    > Home of the Stock Quotes, Quote of the day and Horoscope web services
    > "Trevor Hartman" <synapseehotmail.com> wrote in message
    > > Hi,
    > >
    > > Every now and then (once a week maybe), I get this error on my page
    saying
    > > Timeout Expired. The timeout period elapsed prior to obtaining a
    > connection
    > > from the pool. This may have occurred because all pooled connections
    were
    > > in use and max pool size was reached. I don't know anything about
    > > connection pooling, but could someone give me a suggestion on how to
    take
    > > care of this? It usually goes away by itself eventually, or I just
    > restart
    > > IIS.
    > >
    > > Thanks - Trevor

    Mark Heimonen Guest

  4. #4

    Hi,

    I'm having a security issue that I hope someone here can resolve. I'm running
    web apps through CF 6.0 with a SQL Server 2000 backend. It's come to my
    attention that when a login password on SQL Server is changed, the effects of
    the password don't fully take effect for another 30 mins. Now I'll explain what
    I mean by "don't fully take effect."

    Let's say I have user "bob" with password "password". If I change the password
    to "new_password", both passwords, old and new, will now be valid for the next
    30 mins.

    Essentially, I want the old password to be immediately invalidated when the
    password is changed.

    I posted this message on the Microsoft support newsgroup thinking it was a SQL
    Server issue, but I was redirected to ColdFusion being advised that it may be a
    connection pooling issue.

    Can someone help me out. Is it a CF server configuration that I can "tweak"?

    TIA,
    Eric

    l_eric_l Guest

  5. #5

    Hello,

    I have a Cold Fusion application that access a database through a DSN created
    in the Cold Fusion Administrator. I have been doing alot of reading regarding
    connection pooling, and understand that Cold Fusion maintains multiple
    connections to the database that are shared among requests.

    When I specify values for username and password in a cfquery tag, my
    understanding is that these values would override the username and password
    configured in the Cold Fusion Administrator. Since the username and password
    are a part of the connection, is a new connection opened for each cfquery? Or,
    are these connections somehow pooled as well?

    thanks.

    nimoh2 Guest

  6. #6

    I found an article on TalkingTree.com written by Steven Erat (Senior Servers
    Support Engineer at Adobe) that answers my question.

    In the article, Steven implies that connections in the pool are identified not
    only by DSN, but by username as well. Therefore, new connections are not
    needed by every cfquery tag, only when there are no connections available in
    the pool for the particular DSN and username.

    nimoh2 Guest