Professional Web Applications Themes

Connection Problem - Macromedia Contribute Connection Administrtion

Hi everyone, did someone meet the following issue? We use Informix Online 5.00 UC2 on a Unix box (AT&T UNIX SYSTEM V Release 4.0). Currently only 91 users can connect to the database. Afterwards no new user can login - till someone logs out and the user can connect to the server, Informix fires error messages (see below). We tried to tune the operating system according to a 7.23 machine notes ([url]http://www-3.ibm.com/software/data/informix/pubs/library/notes/machnote/ncr/723uc1nc.htm[/url]). However this didn't resolve the issue. The following error message is sent by Informix Star: sqAU0BPQAAsqlexec Szoszi kkieg -p sqAU0BPQAAsqlexec Szoszi kkieg -p 25519 The sqlexecd daemon cannot ...

  1. #1

    Default connection problem

    Hi everyone,
    did someone meet the following issue?

    We use Informix Online 5.00 UC2 on a Unix box (AT&T UNIX SYSTEM V Release 4.0). Currently only 91 users can connect to the database. Afterwards no new user can login - till someone logs out and the user can connect to the server, Informix fires error messages (see below).

    We tried to tune the operating system according to a 7.23 machine notes ([url]http://www-3.ibm.com/software/data/informix/pubs/library/notes/machnote/ncr/723uc1nc.htm[/url]). However this didn't resolve the issue.

    The following error message is sent by Informix Star:

    sqAU0BPQAAsqlexec Szoszi kkieg -p
    sqAU0BPQAAsqlexec Szoszi kkieg -p
    25519 The sqlexecd daemon cannot open the network device.: System error: No space left on device
    25519 The sqlexecd daemon cannot open the network device.: System error: No space left on device
    25519 The sqlexecd daemon cannot open the network device.: System error: No space left on device
    25519 The sqlexecd daemon cannot open the network device.: System error: No space left on device
    25519 The sqlexecd daemon cannot open the network device.: System error: No space left on device
    25519 The sqlexecd daemon cannot open the network device.: System error: No space left on device
    25519 The sqlexecd daemon cannot open the network device.: System error: No space left on device
    25519 The sqlexecd daemon cannot open the network device.: System error: No space left on device
    25519 The sqlexecd daemon cannot open the network device.: System error: No space left on device
    sqAU0BPQAAsqlexec Szoszi kkieg -p

    Any hint, help would be highly appriciated.

    Regards,
    Gyula

    sending to informix-list
    Csom Gyula Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: connection problem

    Csom Gyula wrote:
    > Hi everyone,
    > did someone meet the following issue?
    >
    > We use Informix Online 5.00 UC2 on a Unix box (AT&T UNIX SYSTEM V
    > Release 4.0). Currently only 91 users can connect to the database.
    > Afterwards no new user can login - till someone logs out and the user
    > can connect to the server, Informix fires error messages (see below).
    Problem 1: 5.00 OnLine has been out of date for a decade, and formally
    totally unsupported since 2000-01-01. You need to upgrade - urgently
    - preferably before you have a crash and need to recover from backups.
    You might be OK, but you might not.

    What do you have set in the TBCONFIG file for number of users? I
    would suspect 100; and with a few administrative processes around, 91
    represents the number of usable connections. Set that parameter
    higher and restart the server.
    > We tried to tune the operating system according to a 7.23 machine
    notes
    ([url]http://www-3.ibm.com/software/data/informix/pubs/library/notes/machnote/ncr/723uc1nc.htm[/url]).
    However this didn't resolve the issue.

    No great surprise - the connection mechanisms in 5 and 7+ are
    completely different. In 5, each connection has its own sqlturbo
    process, which communicate with a shared tbinit (and the odd tbpgcl
    and tbundo processes - the administrative processes to which I
    referred). In 7, you have a (small) collection of oninit processes
    serving all the clients that connect.
    > The following error message is sent by Informix Star:
    >
    > sqAU0BPQAAsqlexec Szoszi kkieg -p
    > sqAU0BPQAAsqlexec Szoszi kkieg -p
    > 25519 The sqlexecd daemon cannot open the network device.: System error: No space left on device
    > 25519 The sqlexecd daemon cannot open the network device.: System error: No space left on device
    > 25519 The sqlexecd daemon cannot open the network device.: System error: No space left on device
    > 25519 The sqlexecd daemon cannot open the network device.: System error: No space left on device
    > 25519 The sqlexecd daemon cannot open the network device.: System error: No space left on device
    > 25519 The sqlexecd daemon cannot open the network device.: System error: No space left on device
    > 25519 The sqlexecd daemon cannot open the network device.: System error: No space left on device
    > 25519 The sqlexecd daemon cannot open the network device.: System error: No space left on device
    > 25519 The sqlexecd daemon cannot open the network device.: System error: No space left on device
    > sqAU0BPQAAsqlexec Szoszi kkieg -p
    >
    > Any hint, help would be highly appriciated.
    The other possibility is that the sqlexecd has run out of file
    descriptors, or some other network resource. Not sure about why - the
    master daemon should be closing them as it goes, and the child
    sqlturbos it forks off should only be using a few file descriptors
    (primarily standard input and standard output - usually to the same
    socket) plus any chunks etc it uses.

    --
    Jonathan Leffler #include <disclaimer.h>
    Email: [email]jlefflerearthlink.net[/email], [email]jlefflerus.ibm.com[/email]

    Jonathan Leffler Guest

  3. #3

    Jonathan Leffler wrote:
    > Csom Gyula wrote:
    >
    > > Hi everyone,
    > > did someone meet the following issue?
    > >
    > > We use Informix Online 5.00 UC2 on a Unix box (AT&T UNIX SYSTEM V
    > > Release 4.0). Currently only 91 users can connect to the database.
    > > Afterwards no new user can login - till someone logs out
    > and the user
    > > can connect to the server, Informix fires error messages
    > (see below).
    >
    > Problem 1: 5.00 OnLine has been out of date for a decade, and
    > formally
    > totally unsupported since 2000-01-01. You need to upgrade - urgently
    > - preferably before you have a crash and need to recover from
    > backups.
    > You might be OK, but you might not.
    >
    > What do you have set in the TBCONFIG file for number of users? I
    > would suspect 100; and with a few administrative processes around, 91
    > represents the number of usable connections. Set that parameter
    > higher and restart the server.
    >
    > > We tried to tune the operating system according to a 7.23 machine
    > notes
    > ([url]http://www-3.ibm.com/software/data/informix/pubs/library/note[/url]
    > s/machnote/ncr/723uc1nc.htm).
    > However this didn't resolve the issue.
    >
    > No great surprise - the connection mechanisms in 5 and 7+ are
    > completely different. In 5, each connection has its own sqlturbo
    > process, which communicate with a shared tbinit (and the odd tbpgcl
    > and tbundo processes - the administrative processes to which I
    > referred). In 7, you have a (small) collection of oninit processes
    > serving all the clients that connect.

    We tried to tune such kernel parameters as STRTHRESH, semaphore and shmem
    params, SDATLIM, HDATLIM, SVMMLIM, HVMMLIM. This settngs seemed to be
    orthogonal to the connection mechanism used by Informix (eg. whether it's
    is multithreaded as in 7+ or not as in Online 5). However our trial/fail
    in kernel tuning contradicts with this concept...
    > > The following error message is sent by Informix Star:
    > >
    > > sqAU0BPQAAsqlexec Szoszi kkieg -p
    > > sqAU0BPQAAsqlexec Szoszi kkieg -p
    > > 25519 The sqlexecd daemon cannot open the network device.:
    > System error: No space left on device
    > > 25519 The sqlexecd daemon cannot open the network device.:
    > System error: No space left on device
    > > 25519 The sqlexecd daemon cannot open the network device.:
    > System error: No space left on device
    > > 25519 The sqlexecd daemon cannot open the network device.:
    > System error: No space left on device
    > > 25519 The sqlexecd daemon cannot open the network device.:
    > System error: No space left on device
    > > 25519 The sqlexecd daemon cannot open the network device.:
    > System error: No space left on device
    > > 25519 The sqlexecd daemon cannot open the network device.:
    > System error: No space left on device
    > > 25519 The sqlexecd daemon cannot open the network device.:
    > System error: No space left on device
    > > 25519 The sqlexecd daemon cannot open the network device.:
    > System error: No space left on device
    > > sqAU0BPQAAsqlexec Szoszi kkieg -p
    > >
    > > Any hint, help would be highly appriciated.
    >
    > The other possibility is that the sqlexecd has run out of file
    > descriptors, or some other network resource. Not sure about
    > why - the
    > master daemon should be closing them as it goes, and the child
    > sqlturbos it forks off should only be using a few file descriptors
    > (primarily standard input and standard output - usually to the same
    > socket) plus any chunks etc it uses.

    Regarding the v. 7 release notes I mentioned, the SFNOLIM and HFNOLIM
    kernel params are dealing with file resources, plus, the STRTHRESH
    directly deals with the number of open connections. However tuning
    these params didn't help...

    Thank you for your response.

    Regards,
    Gyula

    sending to informix-list
    Csom Gyula Guest

  4. #4

    Csom Gyula wrote:
    > Jonathan Leffler wrote:
    >>Csom Gyula wrote:
    >>> We use Informix Online 5.00 UC2 on a Unix box (AT&T UNIX SYSTEM
    >>> V Release 4.0). Currently only 91 users can connect to the
    >>> database. Afterwards no new user can login - till someone logs
    >>> out and the user can connect to the server, Informix fires
    >>> error messages
    >>
    >> Problem 1: 5.00 OnLine has been out of date for a decade, and
    >> formally totally unsupported since 2000-01-01. You need to
    >> upgrade - urgently - preferably before you have a crash and need
    >> to recover from backups. You might be OK, but you might not.
    >>
    >> What do you have set in the TBCONFIG file for number of users? I
    >> would suspect 100; and with a few administrative processes
    >> around, 91 represents the number of usable connections. Set that
    >> parameter higher and restart the server.
    >>

    >>>We tried to tune the operating system according to a 7.23 machine
    >>
    >>notes
    >>([url]http://www-3.ibm.com/software/data/informix/pubs/library/note[/url]
    >>s/machnote/ncr/723uc1nc.htm).
    >>However this didn't resolve the issue.
    >>
    >>No great surprise - the connection mechanisms in 5 and 7+ are
    >>completely different. In 5, each connection has its own sqlturbo
    >>process, which communicate with a shared tbinit (and the odd tbpgcl
    >>and tbundo processes - the administrative processes to which I
    >>referred). In 7, you have a (small) collection of oninit processes
    >>serving all the clients that connect.
    >>

    > We tried to tune such kernel parameters as STRTHRESH, semaphore and shmem
    > params, SDATLIM, HDATLIM, SVMMLIM, HVMMLIM. This settngs seemed to be
    > orthogonal to the connection mechanism used by Informix (eg. whether it's
    > is multithreaded as in 7+ or not as in Online 5). However our trial/fail
    > in kernel tuning contradicts with this concept...
    Let's start with the easy stuff - what's in your TBCONFIG?

    Specifically, how many users does your TBCONFIG file configure?

    [...]
    >>>Any hint, help would be highly appriciated.
    >>
    >>The other possibility is that the sqlexecd has run out of file
    >>descriptors, or some other network resource. Not sure about
    >>why - the
    >>master daemon should be closing them as it goes, and the child
    >>sqlturbos it forks off should only be using a few file descriptors
    >>(primarily standard input and standard output - usually to the same
    >>socket) plus any chunks etc it uses.
    >>

    > Regarding the v. 7 release notes I mentioned, the SFNOLIM and HFNOLIM
    > kernel params are dealing with file resources, plus, the STRTHRESH
    > directly deals with the number of open connections. However tuning
    > these params didn't help...
    If you're sure it is strictly a kernel configuration issue, then you
    are beyond my help. I confess, the errors (which I've deleted) do
    sound more like system errors than Informix errors, so you may be on
    the right track.

    Has this problem started recently? What changed? That's always a key
    question if something starts misbehaving. If it is simply "we added
    another 30 users" (or any other number), then that's one thing. If it
    always used to work but doesn't now, find out who changed what.

    I still think you should upgrade instantaneously to OnLine 5.20.

  5. #5

    In order to test if C3 could work with a particular server the webmaster set up
    a test. It worked and I purchased space on the server and had my website moved
    to this new server. I deleted draft pages and the connection and attempted to
    create a new connection with my new account password etc. When I do this I am
    repeatedly told that my username or password is incorrect. They are not
    incorrect. I tried uninstalling C3 and reinstalled it. I did not update to 3.1.
    I still get the same incorrect password or username box. The webmaster has
    checked his side out and says the problem is on my end. Is there something left
    over from the test somewhere in a file I need to delete to get this second
    connection to work? When I reinstall is there other files I have to get rid of
    to start over? I have webpages on .Mac and I am able to get to them and work
    with them with no problems. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

    jbday Guest

  6. #6

    Did you ever find an answer to this? Im having a similar problem.
    thdomo Guest

  7. #7

    Same here...
    justcallmedoc Guest

  8. #8

    Yes, it was resolved. It turned out that when I had my website moved to a new server the internet did not resolve to the new address as it should have. C3 connects properly now.
    jbday Guest

  9. #9

    :frown; Same problem - I am trying Contribute to see if my staff could use it.
    I am using the same FTP log-in info that works fine in Dreamweaver and am being
    told my user name or password are wrong. I have tried every configuration. Is
    there a way to import admin info from Dreamweaver?

    Nandton Guest

  10. #10

    I have made a Text chat application with the help of Flash Communication Sever.

    Its running succesfully on my local intranet.

    I am using the Free version supplied by the Macromedia for Flash Communication

    Server.

    Now i am running webserver(IIS) and FCS on the same machine.

    Also I am using a particular IP for my server.

    If i m trying to access my application through internet then FCS is not

    responding.

    Plz Help. I am on the edge of the heart attack.

    SabyGaba Guest

  11. #11

    :confused;
    I seem to get a partial connection to the server - but when asked to specify
    the directory I get the message "Cannot verify server connection..."

    What am I doing wrong? Has it to do with access rights on the server?
    My ftp connection to the server for uploading Dreamweaver files works
    perfectly.

    dooi Guest

  12. #12

    This is to inform you that I think I am not pleased with Contribute 3.11 - it
    seems more problematic than former versions. I had to reconnect more than two
    web sites as administrator. The users with their own web sites had to call me
    occassionally to let me know they had the connection errors whenever they
    accessed to maintain their sites. I had to verify the websites and found
    several sites with red that means not connected. Who told them not to connect?
    I had to redo the connection keys and had to enable the sites in order for
    connection again. Are there some bugs we should need to tweak or need to
    upgrade? I did not see any further upgrade after 3.11 version. Obviously this
    software is stinky! Not worth my time to work out on reconnecting all sites.
    Some users consider to quit the Contribute and want to work directly with FTP
    client. I may consider abou this possiblity. Sorry about this info and want you
    to be aware of this not good Contribute 3.

    CM

    cboryslawskyj Guest

  13. #13

    Hi all,
    When uploading my site to Internet, after 1 day, I checked the server
    processing and saw that there was so many connections in 8500 Port ( I used the
    CurrPort v1.07 to check that ). So, I began to test 1 page html in ColdFusion
    WebServer in intranet with 1 browser only. I have 2 computer, one for
    ColdFusion Application Server with CurrPort Software to check how many
    connection access port 8500, one for browser to open 1 html Page from
    Application Server. At the beginning, there is 2 connections to connect to port
    8500, but, when I refresh page html in the 2nd computer browser 10 times, the
    connections in 1st Computer ( port 8500 ) are 22 connections, and continue
    refresh page html in the 2nd computer browser 20 times, the connections in 1st
    Computer ( port 8500 ) are 42 connections. ( Please reference at
    [url]http://www.azsolution.com.vn/demo/podcasting/connectionProblem.htm[/url] )
    2 Minutes later, the connections in 1st computer descrease to 1
    connection to port 8500.
    I trying to test this problem on Apache Tomcat Webserver, this problems
    nolonger exists
    Anyone give me the answer, please ?
    Thanks

    hieunguyen.vn Guest

  14. #14

    My client is suddenly recieving a "Your role in this website is no longer
    valid. Please obtain a new connection key file from this website's
    administrator" error message in Contribute 3. I, being the website
    administrator, have not changed anything on this site in the past few months.
    Why is he suddenly recieving this message?

    JenJob Guest

  15. #15

    JenJob wrote:
    > My client is suddenly recieving a "Your role in this website is no longer
    > valid. Please obtain a new connection key file from this website's
    > administrator" error message in Contribute 3. I, being the website
    > administrator, have not changed anything on this site in the past few months.
    > Why is he suddenly recieving this message?

    could be that, the connection key is corrupted? may be by the users?
    Arun Kumar M Guest

  16. #16

    Me too.

    All of a sudden all my sites have no administrators - yet last time I used
    Contribute I was admin on them all...? I can't comnnect to the sites noe set
    myself up as admin due to various strange errors - to due with not being able
    to save to shared settings, not a vaild role, or unknown error????

    What the??****

    All I've done is change machines to an Intel Imac - could that be it???

    GJA Guest

  17. #17

    We have a website that has videos playing from our Media server 2. Works
    great everywhere except from the client's location. They can play it at home
    but not in the office. Needless to say this is an issue. It won't run from
    any of their computers or the server or the browser. Which would lead me to
    believe it is a firewall issue but the port test that Adobe recommends runs
    just fine. Any other ideas??

    hml398 Guest

  18. #18

    :confused; I have used Contribute for a couple of years without problems.
    now, I am trying to help a friend update his site and when I go to connect, it
    crashes. There is a connection key involved and I have the key and put it in
    the proper field. When I created a new connection, and double-clicked on the
    connection key, I was able to edit the home page only once. Attempts to
    navigate to other pages ended up in a crash. Does any one have any advice?

    Keith555 Guest