Professional Web Applications Themes

Connection problem from Windows to AIX - IBM DB2

Hello All, I catalogued a tcpip node on an AIX DB2 server and a database at that node on a Windows client. When I try to connect to the remote database, I get the following error: SQL30081N A communication error has been detected. Communication protocol being used: "TCP/IP". Communication API being used: "SOCKETS". Location where the error was detected: "". Communication function detecting the error: "connect". Protocol specific error code(s): "10061", "*", "*". SQLSTATE=08001 I checked the /etc/services file and database manager configuration values. Everything seems to match. So I am not able to identify where the problem is. Do ...

  1. #1

    Default Connection problem from Windows to AIX

    Hello All,

    I catalogued a tcpip node on an AIX DB2 server and a database at that
    node on a Windows client. When I try to connect to the remote
    database, I get the following error:

    SQL30081N A communication error has been detected. Communication
    protocol
    being used: "TCP/IP". Communication API being used: "SOCKETS".
    Location
    where the error was detected: "". Communication function detecting
    the error:
    "connect". Protocol specific error code(s): "10061", "*", "*".
    SQLSTATE=08001

    I checked the /etc/services file and database manager configuration
    values. Everything seems to match. So I am not able to identify where
    the problem is.

    Do I need to start any listner on the server side and how do I do
    that?

    I can connect to the database using db2 commandline util on the same
    AIX machine.

    Is there any doent to troubleshoot the connectivity issue
    systematically? I am not a DBA and hence I might have missed "obvious"
    setup requirements.

    Any help to resolve this issue would be highly appreciated.

    Thomas.
    Thomas Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Connection problem from Windows to AIX

    Did you catalog the tcpip node on the client or on the server? You will
    need to catalog both the node and the database on the client machine.

    Larry Edelstein

    Larry Guest

  3. #3

    WSAECONNREFUSED (10061): The connection has been refused. If you are trying to attach to the instance or connect to the database, check that the database manager and TCP/IP protocol support at the server has been started successfully.

    On the server you need to ensure a couple of things. you need to have set DB2COMM registry variable to include TCPIP as a protocol; you also need to have configured the svcename instance (DBM) configuration parameter to be a port to listen on and this port must be defined in the /etc/services file on the server.

    If you do not have a process on AIX owned by the instance you are trying to connect to... it should be something like db2tcpcm I think.
    --

    Bob
    IBM Toronto Lab
    "Thomas Theakanath" <com> wrote in message news:google.com...
[...]

    Bob Guest