Hi,

I am new to this so please bear with me. I am wondering if there is any
odbc driver available which will let my C/C++ program to talk to mysql
or oracle both without having to change any C/C++ code.

We are using mysql for prototyping so thats what I want to connect to
with a driver for now, but later we will most probably be moving to
Oracle. At that time, it will really be great if I dont have to modify
my source code, but just point it to the Oracle server rather than the
mysql server.

Is there a way to do this or am I asking for too much? Isnt this the
exact problem an ODBC library is supposed to solve?

I looked at the libocci library from Oracle but (though I am not sure)
I think it only allows you to connect to Oracle.

Any other ideas/suggestions?

thanks,
Shavian