Professional Web Applications Themes

Console activity --- can't figure out how to stop. - Mac Applications & Software

In article <300820031330239242%NotAbitOFspam*rr.com>, Tim Lance <NotAbitOFspam*rr.com> wrote:   This one is caused by the Toast VCD component in /Library/QuickTime and is probably a minor bug in the component. If you have no desire to create Video CDs in Toast you can remove it and the messages will disappear. No need to reboot or logout either.   This apparently caused by a Canon application that is looking for a scanner that it expects to find. I remembered what the Component Manager warning was about, the other I recall but I had to look it up for details. You should do a ...

  1. #1

    Default Re: Console activity --- can't figure out how to stop.

    In article <300820031330239242%NotAbitOFspam*rr.com>,
    Tim Lance <NotAbitOFspam*rr.com> wrote:

    This one is caused by the Toast VCD component in /Library/QuickTime and
    is probably a minor bug in the component. If you have no desire to
    create Video CDs in Toast you can remove it and the messages will
    disappear. No need to reboot or logout either.

    This apparently caused by a Canon application that is looking for a
    scanner that it expects to find.

    I remembered what the Component Manager warning was about, the other I
    recall but I had to look it up for details. You should do a search on
    Google Groups <http://groups.google.com/> for answers to your questions.
    Heather Guest

  2. #2

    Thank you for responding, Heather.

    In article <sonic.net>, Heather
    Donahue <net> wrote:

    > This one is caused by the Toast VCD component in /Library/QuickTime and
    > is probably a minor bug in the component. If you have no desire to
    > create Video CDs in Toast you can remove it and the messages will
    > disappear. No need to reboot or logout either.
    >[/ref]
    Interestingly, rebooting didn't change a thing. I will now go get rid
    of the offending things.

    > This apparently caused by a Canon application that is looking for a
    > scanner that it expects to find.
    >[/ref]
    I *do* have a Canon scanner. So, knowing more than I did, I may get
    this solved.

    I remember when one of the functions of USENET, long before Google, or
    even Deja News, was what librarians term "ready reference." Someone
    asks a question. Some other one who has the answer ready responds. I
    did not ask you to do any extra work.

    Thank you anyway.

    Tim

    --
    Tim Guest

  3. #3

    In article <300820031947401007%NotAbitOFspam*rr.com>,
    Tim Lance <NotAbitOFspam*rr.com> wrote:

    > I remember when one of the functions of USENET, long before Google, or
    > even Deja News, was what librarians term "ready reference." Someone
    > asks a question. Some other one who has the answer ready responds. I
    > did not ask you to do any extra work.[/ref]

    Sorry, my statement wasn't an accusation although I suppose it looked
    like that. I was just suggesting further information on the second
    problem might be found there. I haven't had that problem on my system,
    my Canon scanner is older and not as well supported under OS X.

    If I have a little time on my hands and I think I can help, I don't mind
    searching for answers. I was just a bit busy today, working on the
    timing chain of my car this morning, college homework later and trying
    to get some Unix source code to work on OS X this evening.

    With the advent of Google it just tends to be advantageous to search
    prior to asking.
    Heather Guest

  4. #4

    Donahue <net> wrote:

    > > I remember when one of the functions of USENET, long before Google, or
    > > even Deja News, was what librarians term "ready reference." Someone
    > > asks a question. Some other one who has the answer ready responds. I
    > > did not ask you to do any extra work.[/ref]
    >
    > Sorry, my statement wasn't an accusation although I suppose it looked
    > like that. I was just suggesting further information on the second
    > problem might be found there. I haven't had that problem on my system,
    > my Canon scanner is older and not as well supported under OS X.
    >[/ref]
    And I guess I was a little touchy. I've seen some pretty brusque

    I had actually thought toconjure some arcane search phrasing. I admit
    to not thinking of simply pasting in the actual statement. Works like a
    charm! I've done a couple more times since, too.

    Take care,

    Tim

    --
    Tim Guest