Professional Web Applications Themes

console freezes when running a menu script that uses oash... - SCO

[email]foz_67hotmail.com[/email] (foz_67) wrote in message news:<8a247e46.0307161103.8684df4posting.google.c om>... > Hi there, > > We have been running the same Menu (oash) script using point and pick > options for a few years now. Till recently, everything has been > working perfectly. > > We have several servers out in the field that have the same install, > supplements, and patches and on the same model Dell server and using > the same script. > Open Server Enterprise 5.0.6 with the following supplement and > patches. rs506a/oss629a/oss635a/oss636a/oss639a/oss640a/oss642a/oss643a/oss645a/oss648a > > The issue is that the console will periodically freeze when running > the ...

  1. #1

    Default Re: console freezes when running a menu script that uses oash...

    [email]foz_67hotmail.com[/email] (foz_67) wrote in message news:<8a247e46.0307161103.8684df4posting.google.c om>...
    > Hi there,
    >
    > We have been running the same Menu (oash) script using point and pick
    > options for a few years now. Till recently, everything has been
    > working perfectly.
    >
    > We have several servers out in the field that have the same install,
    > supplements, and patches and on the same model Dell server and using
    > the same script.
    > Open Server Enterprise 5.0.6 with the following supplement and
    > patches. rs506a/oss629a/oss635a/oss636a/oss639a/oss640a/oss642a/oss643a/oss645a/oss648a
    >
    > The issue is that the console will periodically freeze when running
    > the script or moving around in the script. Of our last 4 server
    > setups (all using identical menu script and have the exact same setup)
    > 3 of them are having the issue.
    > If we don't use the script everything is fine. But Point and Pick is
    > pretty handy for a menu script so we'd like to get this resolved.
    >
    > Some more info on symptoms that we see...
    > - Keyboard seems like it goes dead... can't even turn off and on the
    > Num Lock or Caps Lock keys.
    > - can still telnet in and use the menu script without any problem.
    > - can still use wyse terminals through the digiboard and use the same
    > script without any problem
    > - can still use dialup to get into the server and use the same script
    > without any problem.
    > - sometimes it happens when I first start the script, sometimes it
    > happens after you've moved the through the menu a bit, sometimes you
    > can go through any menu item you want and it works fine.
    >
    > I can make this happen about 70% fo the time, but as a note, this ONLY
    > happens on the console and not on any other type of terminal or
    > session.
    >
    > My TERM is scoansi and it still happens using ansi.
    >
    > My questions...
    >
    > Can this be a termcap or terminfo problem? Although no changes were
    > made to them and it was just a standard install of Open Server.
    >
    > Has anyone had any issues with oash that seems related, causing the
    > console to freeze?
    > I'm thinking it might be a problem with oainit or oadeinit but if so,
    > then why wouldn't it happen on a wyse terminal or telnet session?
    >
    > Thanks in advance,
    > Don
    Hello Don,

    Let's find out some more info, does the new hardware is different then
    the old HW you used in the past, make/model, Is the video card is
    different or may be using a different chip set, how about the keyboard
    Is it different then the old ones, may be smaller in size if so can
    you try a older keyboard just for testing purposes.

    Abid
    Abid Khan Guest

  2. #2

    Thanks for the reply Abid.

    Well, for the Dell servers that we have out there are the same and we
    have a few of them out there that haven't had this issue.
    The other servers out there are older, some NCR S10's and S28's and
    some Touch generic servers.
    I never thought about trying a different keyboard. I'll give that a
    shot.

    I started to think maybe OASH had changed and didn't recognize oainit
    and oadeinit the same way. But I did see on SCO's site that 5.0.6 has
    an updated Console Driver. Maybe that driver is what's causing this.

    Thanks again.
    Don.

    foz_67 Guest