Professional Web Applications Themes

contact form - HTML & CSS

Can anyone help me. I have a contact form on my site it works ok when anyone submits the form and the confirmation page opens ok. The prob I have is on my local and remote sites. When I open the form in my local and remote sites and click on the 'submit' button' it says... page cannot be displayed where the confirmation page should open... its got me baffled, any body got any ideas pls?. jayne...

  1. #1

    Default contact form

    Can anyone help me. I have a contact form on my site it works ok when anyone submits the form and the confirmation page opens ok. The prob I have is on my local and remote sites. When I open the form in my local and remote sites and click on the 'submit' button' it says... page cannot be displayed where the confirmation page should open... its got me baffled, any body got any ideas pls?. jayne

    jayney Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: contact form

    -- give the url if unknown.

    Is the form submitting to a serverside script?

    most scripts will only accept input from pages that are within the domain.

    if it's a relative link in the Action- it would only work locally if the
    pages were viewed from a local server.

    In short- If it works on the server- it's working.

    > Can anyone help me. I have a contact form on my site it works ok when anyone
    > submits the form and the confirmation page opens ok. The prob I have is on my
    > local and remote sites. When I open the form in my local and remote sites and
    > click on the 'submit' button' it says... page cannot be displayed where the
    > confirmation page should open... its got me baffled, any body got any ideas
    > pls?. jayne

    Certified Dreamweaver MX Developer

    Alan Ames Guest

  3. #3

    I'm trying to make a contact form for my website, but I'm having a couple of
    problems. I'm using SwishMax, not Flash, but I was told that Flash objects
    could be imported into a Swish project. I was also told that in order to
    fix my problems, I would need Flash or need to have someone with Flash
    create the object for me. Basically, the problem I'm having has to do with
    tabbing. When you enter your name in the name field, you should be able to
    tab to the e-mail address field, but instead it takes you to one of the menu
    buttons to the left. The other problem has to do with the fact that when
    you click send, it should thank you for sending your questions or comments,
    but instead it simply says "Sending data..." and appears to go no further.
    In truth, I'm receiving the messages people send, but they would never know
    it.

    In short, I need a contact form with 3 fields (Name, E-Mail Address, and
    Message) and a send button. When the send button is clicked, a message
    saying "Thank you for your message, someone will contact you soon". I would
    need it saved as a swf, of course, so that I can import it into my Swish
    project.

    If you'd be interested in helping me, I'll give you the address to the
    website I'm working on so you can see its current state. I don't know if my
    swf file or the php file I need to use with SwishMax are necessary for you,
    but I'll send those as well.

    Thanks,
    Mike

    mhuntoon Guest

  4. #4

    how would i be able to make one contact form and have users choose which person
    to email. im thinking a dropdown menu would do it but i have no idea how to
    start it.

    i want the drop down menu to list the names and whatever name is clicked it
    emails that particular person.

    i will start making the forms etc right now, hopefully ill get a response soon
    =)

    i apologize for all the questions recently

    evropa Guest

  5. #5

    What server model?

    Just have the form processor that is assigning the various attributes of the
    emailer p out the value of that select, and place it in the -

    objCDO.To

    field (as an example for CDONTS with ASP/VBScript)

    --
    Murray --- ICQ 71997575
    ==================

    "evropa" <webforumsusermacromedia.com> wrote in message
    > how would i be able to make one contact form and have users choose which
    > person
    > to email. im thinking a dropdown menu would do it but i have no idea how
    > start it.
    >
    > i want the drop down menu to list the names and whatever name is clicked
    > it
    > emails that particular person.
    >
    > i will start making the forms etc right now, hopefully ill get a response
    > soon
    > =)
    >
    > i apologize for all the questions recently

    Murray *TMM* Guest

  6. #6

    You're right .. you're going to want to go with a dropdown list. Assign the
    person's email address as the value for their respective <option> in the
    <select> list. Then just capture the value in your server-side code on the
    page that will handle the sending of the email and insert it as the to: adress.

    Ex.

    contact.html

    <form name="contact" action"mail_send.php" method="post">
    <select name="addresses">
    <option value="person1email.com"> Person 1 </option>
    <option value="person2email.com"> Person 2 </option>
    </select>
    </form>

    mail_send.php

    <?php
    $to = $_POST['addresses'];
    $mail($to, $subject, $message, $headers);
    ?>

    rilkesf Guest

  7. #7

    ive done the contact.html ive also installed php/apache where do i go from
    here? do i open a new php doent and insert that code?

    [url]http://evropa.bravehost.com/lib/fvfd/contact.html[/url]

    also is there any way someone could type in ex "principal" and it will
    automatically select the principals email address? thanks

    evropa Guest

  8. #8

    Yes on both counts.

    The example code I gave you is just a starting point though and you'll need to
    define the other variables in the mail() function. Also, I made a mistake
    when typing the code and there should not be a '$' in front of 'mail', as it is
    a function, not a variable. Sorry about that. If you need help with the
    function, check php.net.

    [url]http://us3.php.net/manual/en/function.mail.php[/url]

    As for the second part .. You will need to capture what the user entered in
    the same way you captured the email address in the example (ie. using $_POST ..
    or $_GET if your form has action="get"). Then you can use a switch()
    statement to search for a match to that text and set the $to variable for the
    mail() function depending on the match. Here's the php.net page for switch()
    statements.

    [url]http://us3.php.net/manual/en/control-structures.switch.php[/url]

    However, be aware that the text that the user enters will have to match
    EXACTLY (though you can make it case insensitive).

    Hope that helps

    rilkesf Guest

  9. #9

    does any one know how to make contact form on website.
    compaqras Guest

  10. #10

    and just how would that relate to FMS2 ?
    dejayfx Guest

  11. #11

    I was wondering if anyone had a simple extension that helped in making a contact form possibly with CAPTCHA
    whatsthisboxfor Guest

  12. #12

    [url]http://www.dwzone-it.com/Extension/DynamicCaptcha/default.asp[/url]

    that creates the captcha but then you need to create the server validation
    yourself.

    "whatsthisboxfor" <webforumsusermacromedia.com> wrote in message
    >I was wondering if anyone had a simple extension that helped in making a
    >contact form possibly with CAPTCHA

    twocans Guest

  13. #13

    I have built a contact page with fields for users to input info.
    such as, Name: Email: Comments:
    And bullets for 5 different choices.

    My problem is I don't know what to put in the Action field.
    I am using DreamWeaver CS3.

    Any Help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks
    Butter Guest