Professional Web Applications Themes

Content edit on asp.net pages - Macromedia Contribute General Discussion

We're looking to start doing more development of sites using asp.net 2.0. Many of our current classic ASP sites are hooked up with Contribute so that clients can connect and make updates to content. Because everything resides on one page, this has worked quite well for us. Our question is related to how users make content changes to asp.net pages that make use of master pages, controls, etc. because it seems like it could get quite complicated. Any advice or suggestions from someone who has been through this is greatly appreciated. Thanks!...

  1. #1

    Default Content edit on asp.net pages

    We're looking to start doing more development of sites using asp.net 2.0. Many
    of our current classic ASP sites are hooked up with Contribute so that clients
    can connect and make updates to content. Because everything resides on one
    page, this has worked quite well for us. Our question is related to how users
    make content changes to asp.net pages that make use of master pages, controls,
    etc. because it seems like it could get quite complicated.

    Any advice or suggestions from someone who has been through this is greatly
    appreciated.

    Thanks!

    siteworthy Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Content edit on asp.net pages

    Siteworthy,
    We are trying to achieve the same thing and it looks like Contribute 4 does
    not support master pages either. the "Edit" screen shows the text content but
    none of the surrounding master page HTML. Let me know if you find/have found a
    solution. We are trying to use .NET 2 for the navigation features and also need
    to allow users to edit content via Contribute.

    nick_666 Guest

  3. #3

    Contribute is a great content publishing tool and I'm also looking for a way to
    use it with Master Pages. It would be nice to have a VS Express Edition
    specific for content publishers.

    If someone finds a solution, please post it for us and others.

    web-fu Guest

  4. #4

    I already sent several emails to Adobe (and before the fusion) to Macromedia,
    with that feature as a request, but I didn't even got any email back from them
    :-(

    MM Contribute is a really great tool, but since ASP.NET 2.0 it seams that We
    all need to wait to Microsoft find is way to this level cause like nick_666
    said, it's not even on version 4 of Contribute that we will this so acclaim
    feature!

    balexandre77 Guest