Professional Web Applications Themes

Contribute - Macromedia Contribute General Discussion

I keep getting a popup when I open the interent or my email program saying the Feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable. It wants me to find another path, which I do not have. Is there an update that I need to find that will stop this from happening?...

  1. #1

    Default Contribute

    I keep getting a popup when I open the interent or my email program saying the
    Feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable. It
    wants me to find another path, which I do not have. Is there an update that I
    need to find that will stop this from happening?

    grammashar Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Contribute

    Hi,
    I guess just reinstalling contribute should help here. Please try the same.
    Thanks,
    Manoj

    m Guest

  3. #3

    Hi, my client wants to be able to edit certain pages on a website I have
    created for them using Adobe GoLive CS.

    1) Will Contribute work with Adobe GoLive CS?

    2) What is involved in setting up Contribute? How long would it take to set up
    Contribute and would I need to be a programmer to set it up?

    3) Where could I find instructions on how to set up Contribute so I could see
    how difficult it is to set up?

    Please mention anything else I may have missed.

    Thanks

    Comp. Guest

  4. #4

    answer to 1)
    Adobe Contribute will work with every flat-file (non-dynamic, non database
    driven) website, so yes you can use it in combination with a go live website. I
    don't know how go live handles templates etc., but you can put a template in a
    folder called Templates on the server in your root to make it possible to
    create new pages, or you can copy existing pages. The one thing you probably do
    not have are editable reguions, that you can create with dreamweaver to give
    the Contribute user limited access to parts of the pages that become editable
    in edit mode. Post:
    http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/webforums/forum/messageview.cfm?forumid=55&catid=29
    0&threadid=1281929&highlight_key=y&keyword1=handco ding

    answer to 2)
    Contribute is a client side program that you install on the users PC/MAC. You
    communicate with the server through FTP. You don't need to be a programmer to
    set it up, just install the program and make a connection to your webserver.
    When you want to be the administrator for your client and give him/her another
    role you will have to purchase you own copy of Contribute as well as your
    client.

    answer to 3)
    Setting up is quite easy, just install the program and make a connection.
    Administering the site can be a bit more difficult, since there are a lot of
    settings you can choose from, but you will get the hang of that while working
    with the program, The help in the program is OK, and you have this forum and
    the knowledgebase of adobe.

    ThinkInk Guest

  5. #5

    After I edit a page and try to publish it I get this message."A Runtime Error
    has occurred" do you wish to debug?
    Line: 88 Error: object expected. What do I do when I hit yes debug and the
    page comes up highlighting line 88 what do I need to do?

    gcjetfan Guest