Professional Web Applications Themes

Contribute 2 edit page displays web page incorrectly - Macromedia Contribute General Discussion

Let me start off by saying, "I really don't think I like Contribute"--nevertheless, my job requires it. Recently, I've redesign my company's website, except for the web pages that have contribute users. I've been trying to test out the look and feel of the new design in contribute and I'm having the following problems within the Edit Page view: formating issues... - the divs no longer are aligned properly ( a div designed to float right now floats left) - text wrapped within a div shifts to far left and lies beneath a graphic. This only happens in the edit ...

  1. #1

    Default Contribute 2 edit page displays web page incorrectly

    Let me start off by saying, "I really don't think I like
    Contribute"--nevertheless, my job requires it.

    Recently, I've redesign my company's website, except for the web pages that
    have contribute users. I've been trying to test out the look and feel of the
    new design in contribute and I'm having the following problems within the Edit
    Page view:
    formating issues...
    - the divs no longer are aligned properly ( a div designed to float right
    now floats left)
    - text wrapped within a div shifts to far left and lies beneath a graphic.
    This only happens in the edit mode and not viewing in the browser. Should I
    design using tables to assist with the rendering of the web page in "edit page"
    view?

    I want the contribute user to be able to edit and see the exact layout that is
    presented in the browser.

    Please Help!
    Thanks.

    iwannano Guest

  2. #2

    Hopefully you will get a more sufficient response to your question than mine.
    Some of these guys like "ThinkInk" are very knowledgeable. As a Contribute
    user (not a web designer) I edit our company's website for text and image
    content. I have seen the same as you regarding the difference between editing
    and browsing. I don't know what a div is. I did start using tables as
    suggested to me by "ThinkInk". My difficulties with placing images and text on
    a page all but went away. It also involved tweaking of border pixels,etc. We
    are pleased with our site now and it has been a learning curve for me. Best of
    luck to you!

    shoptoy Guest

  3. #3

    Thank you, for your response. My pages are for the most part strictly using
    css styles...hence "div." I was afraid that I would have to go back and
    redesign using tables. After reading your response it seems that will be my
    only choice.

    Thanks again:)

    iwannano Guest