Professional Web Applications Themes

Contribute 3.1 draft problem - Macromedia Contribute Connection Administrtion

Hi; I posted this to the general forum but thought I might get something here. I have Contribute 3.1 installed for 3 of us for testing and have run into a problem. Some basics: 1. I'm the Contribute administrator. 2. I have(had-see below) one person in the Publisher role, via a connection key. 3. I have one person in a custom role with a set of limits on what they can do (via connection key). They only have access to our HR department files, some necessary common files and do NOT have permission to publish. When the HR person edits ...

  1. #1

    Default Contribute 3.1 draft problem

    Hi;

    I posted this to the general forum but thought I might get something here.

    I have Contribute 3.1 installed for 3 of us for testing and have run into a
    problem. Some basics:

    1. I'm the Contribute administrator.
    2. I have(had-see below) one person in the Publisher role, via a connection
    key.
    3. I have one person in a custom role with a set of limits on what they can do
    (via connection key). They only have access to our HR department files, some
    necessary common files and do NOT have permission to publish.

    When the HR person edits a page and sends it to the person in the Publisher
    role for review using the "send a draft option," the Publisher never receives
    the draft or any notification that a draft was sent.

    When I had the HR person send me a draft, it worked as expected.

    I deleted the Publisher and sent her a new connection key adding her to the
    Administrator role and had the HR person send another draft (using a different
    page just to be safe). Same result - no draft or notification.

    It seems the person in the custom HR role can only send drafts to me (the
    Administrator), and not even other people in the Administrator role; or the
    Publisher role. We have all restarted Contribute after any setup changes and
    before reattempting the draft review.

    Any ideas?

    Thanks!
    Dave

    Viking2001 Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Contribute 3.1 draft problem

    Hello;

    Any help on this????

    One update - I changed the site Admin to the person I had moved from Publisher
    to Administrator, and when the HR person sent a draft, it worked. So it DOES
    seem that only the person designated the site Admin is receiving drafts.

    Thanks,
    Dave

    Viking2001 Guest

  3. #3

    I might see if I can te this but as far as I know other people have been
    able to send each other drafts. In training sessions I have run in our
    organisation I'm pretty sure we've been able to send to each other regardless
    of publish status.

    Odge Guest

  4. #4

    Owen;