Professional Web Applications Themes

Contribute 3 and Dynamic Data Questions - Macromedia Contribute General Discussion

I have a few questions that I'm hoping can be answered within this forum, but first the setup. We currently have a site that contains mostly static data with dynamic data mixed in here and there, so we were thinking of using Contribute 3 as our Content Management solution. But the next step is going to be converting our current ASP site to ASP.NET, which will be pulling almost all if not all of its data from XML docs. I know that Contribute cannot work with dynamic data, so I'm guessing that when this conversion happens, Contribute will not have ...

  1. #1

    Default Contribute 3 and Dynamic Data Questions

    I have a few questions that I'm hoping can be answered within this forum, but
    first the setup. We currently have a site that contains mostly static data with
    dynamic data mixed in here and there, so we were thinking of using Contribute 3
    as our Content Management solution. But the next step is going to be
    converting our current ASP site to ASP.NET, which will be pulling almost all if
    not all of its data from XML docs. I know that Contribute cannot work with
    dynamic data, so I'm guessing that when this conversion happens, Contribute
    will not have many areas where it can work for our employees. So here are a
    couple of questions: 1) Why should we purchase Contribute 3 now for several
    employees when we'll have to eventually convert to an in-house solution within
    the next year anyway? 2) Will there ever be a version of Contribute that will
    work with dynamic data in the near future, like with a built-in XML editor that
    uses forms for data entry)? That should do it. I hope to hear from someone
    soon about my concerns. Thanks. KWilliams

    kwilliams Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Contribute 3 and Dynamic Data Questions

    I have similar problem with Contribute 3 [see title: contribute and LiveData
    ]...
    I need something, what can display php code or other dynamic data in Edit mode
    in Contribute 3, but I don't need edit that data there.....

    dady

    airdady Guest

  3. #3

    If I hear of any way of doing that, I'll let you know. But unless I hear
    otherwise, I believe that I'm going to have to set up some sort of in-house
    solution for the editing of dynamic data for our employees. Hopefully in the
    near future Contribute will contain a built-in XML editor for users to use, but
    I'm not sure if that's set to be looked at. We'll see. Thanks for the response.

    kwilliams Guest

  4. #4

    Hello all, Well, we are not going to be able to use Contribute 3 as a Content
    Management solution for our internet and intranet sites. This is due to it not
    being able to work with dynamic data. Right now, it would be a workable
    solution, as a lot of the pages contain static data. But Phase III of our
    websites plan includes moving almost all our data into dynamic data sources,
    such as XML and SQL Server. Hopefully in the future, Macromedia will add a
    true XML editor within Contribute that allows users to edit a page's dynamic
    content without actually messing up the source doc, but we'll see. Maybe this
    new merge between Adobe & Macromedia will help that dream to come along
    faster. Anyway, thanks for your input.

    kwilliams Guest