Ask a Question related to Macromedia Contribute General Discussion, Design and Development.
- trx430ex #1
Contribute 3 and Google AdSence "warning"
May this be a pre-emptive warning for all site designers using Google?s
'AdSence' program on your sites before installing Contribute-3. It seems there
is a big issue upon install of Contribute 3 with Google AdSence (server side)
I downloaded the demo of C-3, walked through all the tutorials, including
building and editing the sample site and all seem fine and I was impressed with
the application. Then I decided to connect my site through C-3 and that is
where the trouble began, I walked through the entire set up and all seemed well
so I decided to do a test edit of just a single caricature of text to see how
it worked. I saved the file and it went through with an error but went through,
then I checked the page I edited and the edit was good but my Google AdSence
ads were killed and I had an IIS run time error line # 91 (choose not to debug)
and closed box. What I then noticed to my horror that all the ads were Knocked
off of all the pages on my site, about 750 pages, all gone and no way to fix. I
set to deleting Macromedia files from Contribute on the server to no avail, I
killed every file and it still was not letting go. So I finally did a site
backup restore from yesterday and that cleared all the Contribute 'whatever?s'
from my site, and the ads returned. I do have some interest in this
application, but I will not venture in there with out some extensive walk
through of cans and can-nots of Contribute-3 My site is over 4 years old with
many sub page file extensions of .asp and .cfm. Along with .htm If I have to I
will create a sub site for Contribute and start fresh for those that need to
use this, and I'll stay back in MX studio 2004 and work from there. Summary Do
not install Contribute 3 to a site with Google AdSence it will kill your ads,
and if it is a big site, you will start losing money quick. I look forward to
the fix for this issue, and will move forward from there. Trx
- If anyone is using Google Analytics, have you come across the reporting of a page that doesn't exist? For example, the Google report shows...
- It is usually connected to a network when it's docked. But I have tried installing/repairing off the network too, and I've tried installing when...
- Hi people: I'm experiencing the following problem and don't know what it is about. Any help greatly appreciated: My script retrieves the data...
- From: hello1234h at yahoo dot com dot cn Operating system: windows 2000 IIS PHP version: 4.3.3 PHP Bug Type: OCI8 related...
- ID: 24053 Updated by: [email protected] Reported By: jphey at netdoor dot com Status: Assigned Bug Type: ...