Professional Web Applications Themes

Contribute 3 Repeating Regions - Macromedia Contribute General Discussion

I am trying to convert a site to a template driven site through dreamweaver, to make it easier for my client to update the site, and so far everything has been going relatively smoothly until I tried using a repeating region on one of the pages. They are Using Contribute 3 to update the site and when they try to add or subtract a region the 4 buttons on each region don't actually work at all. They work fine in Dreamweaver as they should of course. I guess my question is: Does Contribute 3 actually have the ability to update ...

  1. #1

    Default Contribute 3 Repeating Regions

    I am trying to convert a site to a template driven site through dreamweaver, to
    make it easier for my client to update the site, and so far everything has been
    going relatively smoothly until I tried using a repeating region on one of the
    pages. They are Using Contribute 3 to update the site and when they try to add
    or subtract a region the 4 buttons on each region don't actually work at all.
    They work fine in Dreamweaver as they should of course. I guess my question is:
    Does Contribute 3 actually have the ability to update repeating regions or
    should I just get them to upgrade to the current Contribute Version?

    smyhre Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Contribute 3 Repeating Regions

    So basically I gathering from no response that there is no fix to this problem.
    smyhre Guest

  3. #3

    I don't know the answer to your question (not using version 3 anymore), but why don't you download a trial of CS3 and try if what you want works OK in that version?
    ThinkInk Guest

  4. #4

    I did that yesterday. Got Contribute cs3 to test and it still doesn't work. In
    a repeating region there are four buttons that appear above each section a plus
    a minus and and up and down arrow. All four buttons on this page in Contribute
    don't work at all as they should. They work fine in Dreamweaver though. Just
    wanting to know if this is an inherent problem with all versions of Contribute
    or if I'm just doing something wrong and if there is a fix for this.

    smyhre Guest

  5. #5

    Sigh. I think I finally figured out what went wrong after going through the code. The last InstanceEnd tag right before the </html> was missing. I will test it now in contribute and get back to this.
    smyhre Guest