Professional Web Applications Themes

Contribute 4: Won't publish on mac - help - Macromedia Contribute General Discussion

I downloaded contribute 4 - connects fine, but eveytime i go to publish i get an error saying it can't connect to the server - this is on my mac os x, however it works fine on my PC - has anyone experienced the same problems? is there any compatibility problems with version 4 and some mac versions?...

  1. #1

    Default Contribute 4: Won't publish on mac - help

    I downloaded contribute 4 - connects fine, but eveytime i go to publish i get
    an error saying it can't connect to the server - this is on my mac os x,

    however it works fine on my PC - has anyone experienced the same problems? is
    there any compatibility problems with version 4 and some mac versions?

    Steve Hemmings Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Contribute 4: Won't publish on mac - help

    One of my clients have the same problem with his WinXp PC.

    It works fine with mine with the same connection settings.

    This problem happens with Contribute 3. I suspect a problem of connection
    speed or modem, but I am looking for a solution too. Wathever, I think that
    this is not a Mac specific problem.

    Asthar-Sh Guest

  3. #3

    I managed to download the trial version of contribute 3, added the update, but
    low and behold - same problem with that. Adobe seem to be a nightmare to
    contact regarding the problem as well.

    It is bizarre that you areable to connect to the site, edit it, put not
    publish updates. Obviosuly this is a problem for clients who are forking out
    cash to buy software that is effectively useless.

    I would love an answer to this problem. I'm sure it is not a connection speed
    problem, as working on the office computers i am able to get contribute 3 and 4
    working on the PC's just not the mac's. Could this be settings that need to be
    altered?

    Please, suggestions.

    Steve Hemmings Guest

  4. #4

    Hello Steve,

    The error you are getting could be caused by a number of factors. We need to
    investigate further on what is causing the issue before we can fix it. Here are
    some things I'd like you to check:

    1. When exactly does the error occur? What is the exact error message? After
    getting the error, what happens to the page that you were working on?
    2. Does the problem happen on the pages of your website?
    3. Does the problem happen on a brand new page?
    4. Using other applications, can you upload files to your server successfully?

    A suggestion that I could give as of this moment is to check out your security
    applications. Those applications may be causing the conflict with Contribute.

    KenCGo Guest

  5. #5

    It happens whenever editing or creating a new page - i press publish and after
    a minute of nothing i get the error.

    "Contribute could not connect because the server is down or not accepting
    connections. Please contact your administrator"

    If i press cancel after this it will often read:

    "Contribute had disabled your conection to this website because an unknown
    error occured. for more information contact this website's administrator"

    I'm pretty sure it is to do with security settings on the mac's - as it works
    fine on the PC's.

    I have used other aplications for ftp - e.g. transmit

    I have run all command line checks and everythings fine - looking trough the
    security settings everything looks ok - any idea?

    Steve Hemmings Guest

  6. #6

    I've find something: Chapter 3 of this page: "Use the Connection Information
    dialog box's Advanced settings"

    For me, it worked! It was the "alternative publish method" that was not
    checked.

    Hope this will help you!

    [url]http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/knowledgebase/index.cfm?id=tn_16592[/url]

    Asthar-Sh Guest