Professional Web Applications Themes

contribute - Adobe Dreamweaver & Contribute

I was wondering if anyone can help me with a car dealer web site. I am trying to figure out how to give dealer access to a admin page so they can update their inventory and pictures whenever they need to do so and link it to their inventory page on site. Can someone walk me thru getting this set up. Thanks for your help. Dennis...

  1. #1

    Default contribute

    I was wondering if anyone can help me with a car dealer web site. I am trying
    to figure out how to give dealer access to a admin page so they can update
    their inventory and pictures whenever they need to do so and link it to their
    inventory page on site. Can someone walk me thru getting this set up. Thanks
    for your help.

    Dennis

    carbiz Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: contribute

    I assume you figured this out already.... seeing that this was posted 4 months ago.
    mzanime.com Guest

  3. #3

    I bought a new version of 'Contribute educational version' from e-bay and have been trying to use it but allot of the chages dissapear after a few hours.
    Has anyone any idea why this happens?
    woodfield102 Guest

  4. #4

    Are you sure someone else isn't overwriting or rolling back your changes?
    net2Community Guest

  5. #5

    I am considering purchasing Contribute - can it be uses on more than one website.

    Also I use Dreamweaver - does each page have to be a template?

    Eva Pinder Guest

  6. #6

    On Dec 16, 3:26 pm, "Eva Pinder" <webforumsu...macromedia.com> wrote:
    > I am considering purchasing Contribute - can it be uses on more than one website.
    Yes. No limit.
    > Also I use Dreamweaver - does each page have to be a template?
    No. In your simplest web site, every page will have the same navbar
    and header while the body will be different. In this arrangement, you
    only need one template, and the editable region would be the body. I
    use Contribute on one site that has about 140 pages, but only 7
    templates.

    Bob on Whidbey Guest

  7. #7

    Yes you can manage multiple websites with Contribute.

    A template is a doent that you use to create webpages that need to have a
    common lay out that can be adjusted in by just changing the template. The
    dreamweaver templates can also be used in Contribute to create new pages.

    I suggest you download the trail version and give it a try.

    ThinkInk Guest

  8. #8

    Thanks I will take up your advice - regarding the template - unfortunately I
    have not used templates in my site but will see how things progress with my
    trial version.

    Thanks again - Merry Christmas Mark

    Eva Pinder Guest

  9. #9

    In Contribute you can also copy an existing page and publish it under a new
    name. So this way you can copy the design and change the content without having
    a template too.

    Maybe in the future you can change to a template design and place the content
    in editable regions.

    Merry Christmas to you too!

    ThinkInk Guest

  10. #10

    Is it possible for an inexperienced person to design their own web site just by following the contribute users manual or is it going to be way over my head?

    [url]http://www.fastpitching.com/[/url]
    G3_G3 Guest

  11. #11

    Contribute is not really a developers tool. Normally you use Dreamweaver or
    handcoding to make a template that youi can use in Contribute to create new
    pages from. So my advice would be: create such a template or let someone do it
    for you and you can maintain the content of you site using Contribute.

    ThinkInk Guest