Professional Web Applications Themes

Contribute and templates - Macromedia Contribute General Discussion

I'm using dreamweaver to create templates for my customer. They have a news archive section where they want to be able to add news articles. What I was hoping is that they would be able to use contribute to edit the template, so they could edit the menu of the archive (links to each month/year). And then this in turn would update the menu on all the news pages. It seems this isn't possible. I find it hard to believe that there isn't a feature in Contribute that allows to edit a menu and it'll update all the pages. Am ...

  1. #1

    Default Contribute and templates

    I'm using dreamweaver to create templates for my customer. They have a news
    archive section where they want to be able to add news articles.

    What I was hoping is that they would be able to use contribute to edit the
    template, so they could edit the menu of the archive (links to each
    month/year). And then this in turn would update the menu on all the news
    pages. It seems this isn't possible.

    I find it hard to believe that there isn't a feature in Contribute that allows
    to edit a menu and it'll update all the pages. Am I missing something?

    Thanks.

    tregs80 Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Contribute and templates

    :
    : What I was hoping is that they would be able to use contribute to edit
    the
    : template, so they could edit the menu of the archive (links to each
    : month/year). And then this in turn would update the menu on all the news
    : pages. It seems this isn't possible.
    :
    : I find it hard to believe that there isn't a feature in Contribute that
    allows
    : to edit a menu and it'll update all the pages. Am I missing something?
    :
    Hi,
    Sorry, you are not missing anything.
    Contribute will not allow the user to work with templates :(
    The only way I can think of for the user to update menu items as you want,
    would be to make them dynamic and update them from a database.
    :

    lawrie Guest

  3. #3

    Or make the menu a server-side include, which would allow the CT editor to
    access it (provided you enabled their permissions), no?

    --
    Murray --- ICQ 71997575
    ==================

    "lawrie" <lawrienomailspamoranything.net> wrote in message

    > "tregs80" <webforumsusermacromedia.com> wrote in message
    > : I'm using dreamweaver to create templates for my customer. They have a
    > news
    > : archive section where they want to be able to add news articles.
    > :
    > : What I was hoping is that they would be able to use contribute to edit
    > the
    > : template, so they could edit the menu of the archive (links to each
    > : month/year). And then this in turn would update the menu on all the
    > news
    > : pages. It seems this isn't possible.
    > :
    > : I find it hard to believe that there isn't a feature in Contribute that
    > allows
    > : to edit a menu and it'll update all the pages. Am I missing something?
    > :
    > Hi,
    > Sorry, you are not missing anything.
    > Contribute will not allow the user to work with templates :(
    > The only way I can think of for the user to update menu items as you want,
    > would be to make them dynamic and update them from a database.
    > :

    Murray *TMM* Guest